Hack for Zagreb Hackathon
Hack for Zagreb! The Founder Institute + City of Zagreb Incubator Hackathon is an exciting, free event where you can meet fellow hackers and techies, build something cool, and help the City of Zagreb! The event is open to anyone with an idea, or to anyone interested in contributing to tools that can better connect residents with the City of Zagreb's services. Whether focused on traffic, trash pickup, community events or neighborhood statistics, the possibilities are endless.
Build something cool, quickly!
2013-11-09, 10:00 AM
Razvojna agencija Zagreb, Dragutina Golika 63, Zagreb
Add to Your Calendar
Enrollment for this event is closed.
Questions or Issues? Contact us.
This is a civic Hackathon organized by the Founder Institute Zagreb and Development Agency of the City of Zagreb with the purpose to bring together citizens, entrepreneurs and developers to solve challenges relevant to the citizens of the City of Zagreb. The goal is to collaboratively create and build solutions using publicly released data, code and technology.
Use this link fizagreb.hackpad.com to find a team, collaborate and prepare for the hackathon.
Help improve lives of the citizens of the City of Zagreb or the functioning of the society around them. Help improve existing processes and systems creating new or improved solutions with the citizens, for the citizens and by the citizens. In the end it is all about making a better life for everyone.
Who Should Participate?
Citizens, designers, developers, architects, environmentalists, artists… anyone who wants to actively help improve living in the local community.
- Fresh Code: Code must be written after the Hackaton begins. Prior to this time you may work on design, logo, wireframes, idea validation, digital mockups, but not the code.
- What to Build: Solve a civic problem
- Submissions: Each team must present a demo of their project at 8:00pm on Saturday.
- Readiness for release
- Civic impact
User experience & design
- Working Equipment: All participants must bring their own working equipment.
JUDGES: Ivan Bronzin, Pedja Pušelja, citizens of Zagreb
09:15 - doors open, coffee served & mingling
10:00 - official opening and team formation
10,30- hacking starts
13:00 - lunch pizza
14:00 - hacking continues
18:00 – dinner more pizza
20:00 – pitching of projects and selection of winners
21:00 Celebration and drinks at Cacadu Bar
- One year co-working space at the Development Agency of Zagreb
- 50 hours of consultancy support
- A seminar from the selection of entrepreneurial seminars given by the Agency
- Free use of HP lab
- Free use of mobile app lab