Making the Leap from Employee to Entrepreneur
Do you want to start your own technology company, but don't know where to get started? You are not alone. Every day millions of people wake up to regular jobs, but few do something about it. At the “Employee to Entrepreneur” event, you can hear the stories, tips, and best practices from the founders of GoGet and IPscape.
Learn how to make the switch
2013-08-08, 06:30 PM
Fishburners, Level 2, 608 Harris Street, Ultimo
Add to Your Calendar
Enrollment for this event is closed.
Questions or Issues? Contact us.
- Founders of GoGet - Nic Lowe & Bruce Jeffreys. A household name in Australia, GoGet is Australia's first and largest car sharing service. With operations in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, this tech-centric business is a startup superstar. At it's center is Nic & Bruce. Since 2002 they have grown the business from two guys in Newtown to 1,500 cars throughout Australia.
- Co-founder of IPscape - Darren Younger. Founded in 2005, IPscape deliver innovative contact-centre applications and technology via its unique global cloud platform. Darren is the architect behind the patented technology innovations that are used by customers in over 20 countries worldwide.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who dreams of launching their own company
- No service providers please!
Typical discussion topics include:
- The difference between being an employee, and being an entrepreneur
- What to consider before starting your company
- The first steps to starting up, including market research, naming, building a financial model, and more
- And much, much more.
At the end of the session, there will also be a short audience Q&A session, and several attendees will also head to a local restaurant or bar to socialize.
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening!
We welcome your feedback to improve the Institute. Please contact us using the form below, and we will get back to you promptly.