Making the Leap from Employee to Entrepreneur
|Date:||2013-08-08, 06:30 PM|
|Location:||Fishburners, Level 2, 608 Harris Street, Ultimo|
- Founders of GoGet - Nic Lowe & Bruce Jeffreys. A household name in Australia, GoGet is Australia's first and largest car sharing service. With operations in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, this tech-centric business is a startup superstar. At it's center is Nic & Bruce. Since 2002 they have grown the business from two guys in Newtown to 1,500 cars throughout Australia.
- Co-founder of IPscape - Darren Younger. Founded in 2005, IPscape deliver innovative contact-centre applications and technology via its unique global cloud platform. Darren is the architect behind the patented technology innovations that are used by customers in over 20 countries worldwide.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who dreams of launching their own company
- No service providers please!
Typical discussion topics include:
- The difference between being an employee, and being an entrepreneur
- What to consider before starting your company
- The first steps to starting up, including market research, naming, building a financial model, and more
- And much, much more.
At the end of the session, there will also be a short audience Q&A session, and several attendees will also head to a local restaurant or bar to socialize.
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening!