The Founder Institute, the World’s Largest Startup Accelerator, announced today that it is exploring a new semester launch in Brussels this Autumn 2014. Previous semesters held in Brussels have spawned 31 companies and entrepreneurs in the region, including top local startups like Bububox, 2houses, Vinogusto, and many more.
If you'd like to help bring this great program to Brussels this Autumn, then fill out an Interest Form. If enough people complete this form by Sunday, August 31, 2014, then the Founder Institute will begin enrolling for a Brussels Semester in the Autumn of 2014.
If you would like to learn more, then please join us for a free, upcoming event:
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 66 cities and 40 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,230 companies, which have created over 10,000 new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Leading the Founder Institute's efforts in Brussels are Bryan Cassady, Managing Director of Fast Bridge Consulting, and Pieter Dubois, Interim Manager & Senior Management Consultant at Inno.com.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Bart Becks: Co-Founder and CEO , SonicAngel
- Bryan Cassady: Founder/Director
- David Hachez: Founder, The After
- Diederik Stols: Partner, Boekx Advocaten
- Filip Tack: Co-Founder / Chief Executive Officer, Nomadesk
- Folke Lemaitre: Co-Founder & CEO, Engagor
- Frank Bekkers: CEO, Mobile Vikings
- Gill Ruidant: Founder & CEO, 2Houses
- Koen Blanquart: Chief Strategy, Agyx (and other organisations)
- Koen Stevens: Founder, CEO, Bubobox
- Maarten Van Laere: Founder, CEO, ServersCheck
- Michael Daun: Founder, Incloode
- Nico Perez: Co-Founder, mixcloud.com
- Niko Nelissen: CEO, TapCrowd
- Patrice Roulive: COO & Co-Founder, Telemis
- Raf Weverbergh: Founder, Whiteboard
- Robin Wauters: Editor , The Next Web
- Rodrigo Sepúlveda Schulz: President, Sepulveda Capital
- Sebastien De Halleux: COO & Co-Founder, Playfish
- Thomas Vande Casteele: Founder, comparatio.be & bagazoo.com
- Toon Coppens: Co-Founder / CTO, Netlog
- Toon Vanagt: Founder & Managing Partner, Various Companies
- Tyler Crowley: Founder & CEO, Skweal
- Wim Vernaeve: Co-founder, Green Park Investment Partners
- Xavier Damman: Co-Founder & CEO, Storify
- Yves Vekemans: Found/CEO, Hercules Trophy International
- And many more to be announced.