The Founder Institute, the World’s Largest Startup Accelerator, announced today that it is exploring a new semester launch in Brussels this Autumn 2014. Previous semesters held in Brussels have spawned 31 companies and entrepreneurs in the region, including top local startups like Bububox, 2houses, Vinogusto, and many more.
If you'd like to help bring this great program to Brussels this Autumn, then fill out an Interest Form. If enough people complete this form by Sunday, August 31, 2014, then the Founder Institute will begin enrolling for a Brussels Semester in the Autumn of 2014.
If you would like to learn more, then please join us for a free, upcoming event:
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 100 cities and 50 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,550 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Leading the Founder Institute's efforts in Brussels are Bryan Cassady, Managing Director of Fast Bridge Consulting, and Pieter Dubois, Interim Manager & Senior Management Consultant at Inno.com.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Bert Van Wassenhove: Founder, THINK with people
- Bruno Lowagie: Founder / CEO, iText Group
- Bryan Cassady: Founder/Director
- Carl Danneels: CEO, Plethon
- Christophe Philemotte: Founder, PullReview
- Didier Vermeiren: Founder, SmartCheckups
- Diederik Stols: Partner, Boekx Advocaten
- Filip Tack: Co-Founder / Chief Executive Officer, Nomadesk
- Frank Maene: Managing Partner, Volta Ventures
- Gill Ruidant: Founder & CEO, 2Houses
- Guillaume Desclée: Founder & COO , Mymicroinvest
- Jens Van Hecke: Partner, AMBOS NBGO
- Koen Stevens: Founder, CEO, Bubobox
- Leo Exter: Founder / Partner, Westartup / Health start up
- Loïc Bar: Managing Partner, Opinum
- Maarten Van Laere: Founder, CEO, ServersCheck
- Niko Nelissen: CEO, TapCrowd
- Omar Mohout: Growth Engineer, Sirris
- Patrice Roulive: COO & Co-Founder, Telemis
- Philippe Szombat: Sales trainer & Coach, BrightBiz
- Pieter Mees: CEO, Zentrick.com
- Pieter Dubois: CEO, Amerant
- Robin Wauters: Founding editor , Tech.eu
- Steven Van Belleghem: Inspirator, B-Conversational
- Steven Noels: CTO & Co-Founder, NGData
- Thomas Vande Casteele: Founder, comparatio.be & bagazoo.com
- Thomas Bonte: Co-founder & CEO, Musescore
- Wim Dewaele: CEO, iMinds
- And many more to be announced.