The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Tokyo for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends 2014-04-13, so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Tokyo, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 66 cities and 40 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,230 companies, which have created over 10,000 new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Tokyo, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute's efforts in Tokyo are 3 leaders of the Tokyo startup scene; Thibault Danjou, CEO of Augusta Ltd; Toshio Furuta, Chief Attorney of Clair Law Firm, and Satoshi Okuda, CEO of Prime Style Ltd.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Christian Polak: CEO, SERIC K.K.
- Donald Soo ドナルド•ソー: Former CEO
- Fujiyo Ishiguro: ＣＥＯ, Netyear Group Corp.
- Fumiaki Koizumi: CEO, Fumiaki Koizumi & Associates
- Hiroyuki Shiokawa: Co-Founder and CFO, e-Seikatsu Co. Ltd.,
- Hitoshi Suga 須賀 等 : Special Advisor to President, Tully's Coffee Japan. Visiting Professor at Akita International University
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- John Y. Sasaki: Principal / Attorney-at-Law, JSV Foreign Law Office
- Kenta Izumi | 泉 健太: COO, CMO and Executive Vice-President, Full Speed Group
- Kiyoyuki Suzuki: CEO, Advanced Media, Inc.
- Marcos Polanco: Kauffman Fellow, Expansive Ventures
- Masahiko Honma: Founder and General Partner
- Masahiro Samejima: Founding Partner, UCHIDA & SAMEJIMA LAW FIRM
- Michael J. Case: President, Wahl & Case K.K.
- Narimasa Makino: Manager, SunBridge Global Ventures Inc.
- Pano Kroko: Serial entrepreneur and innovator
- Pierrick Fillon Ashida: Senior Policy Officer / International Affairs / Asia Unit, European Union Headquarter
- Ryusuke Murao: Branding Specialist / Best-selling writer, STARBRAND Co.,Ltd.
- Satoshi Okuda: CEO, Primestyle
- Shigeki Saitoh: CEO, Strategic Investment Partners, Inc
- Shinji Asada: Director, Itochu Technology Ventures
- Shintaro Yamada: CEO, Mercari
- Shuji Honjo: Visiting Professor, Tama Graduate School of Business
- Tadashi Takiguchi: CEO, WERU Investment
- Takashi Tsutsumi: Partner, Venture Capital Fund
- Takeru Ohe: CEO, T. Ohe & Associates
- Takeshi Ebihara: General Partner, Rebright Partners / Batavia Incubator
- Tetsuya (Ted) Fujita: CEO
- Toshio Furuta: CEO, Clair law firm
- Tyler Crowley: Founder & CEO, Skweal
- Yoshisuke Yamakawa: Chairman & CEO,Co-Founder, ALBERT Inc.
- Yusuke Murata: General Partner & Co-Founder, Incubate Fund
- And many more to be announced.
(Tokyo skyline photo by Shutterstock)