Since launching in 2012 in Madrid, as well as Barcelona, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 30 companies in Spain, and we are now excited to launch many more.
The Founder Institute, the world's largest entrepreneur training and startup launch program, is now accepting applications for the Madrid Autumn 2014 (Exploratory) Semester.
This reborn Founder Institute Madrid Program will feature closer links to Silicon Valley, as well as a new Director team in Victor Sanchez del Real and Enrique Hormigo.
In order to celebrate the relaunch, the Founder Institute will be hosting several free events in Madrid, including an official "kick-off" event on Thursday, September 4th, where prospective founders, mentors, and partners can meet and learn more about the program. See all of the upcoming events in Madrid at http://fi.co/curriculum/madrid.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
In only 5 years of operation, over 1,310 graduate companies across 85 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more. Our efforts in Madrid have also been profiled by several high profile media channels, including Yorokobu Magazine, TICBeat, BBVA Innovation Center, and more.
A large number of prominent entrepreneurs have offered their support in previous semester to mentor founders in a Madrid Founder Institute program, including;
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alejandro Rivas Micoud: CEO, Userlytics Corporation
- Alejandro Palazuelos Botín: Presidente, AD Ventures
- Carlos Sáez: Socio Director, Trebia Abogados
- Chema Alonso: CEO, Eleven Paths
- Cristina Aranda: Project Manager, Prelum / Grupo Barrabés Internet
- David Martínez Pradales: Gerente, Orange
- Eduardo Vilar: Founder & CEO, äctucast
- Enrique López de Ceballos: Partner, ONTIER
- Enrique Hormigo: CEO & CoFounder, Fanstastic
- Fidel Rodríguez Batalla: Business Dev Manager, Fundación Madri+d
- Gonzalo Ortíz: Founder, Ediciones Globaliza
- Gonzalo Del Pozo: Founder, Globaliza.com
- Jaime García Cantero: Independet Analyst
- Javier Ortíz: Business Development and Sales, Mitula.com
- José Martin Cabiedes: Partner, Cabiedes & Partners SCR
- Juan Vallejo: Founder & CEO, Inception Capital
- Kathryn Hart: Founder & CEO, ForDyslexia
- Mario Alonso: PRESIDENTE, AUREN
- Martí Manent: CEO and Founder, Derecho.com
- Raúl J. De La Cruz: Founder & CEO, KEEPUNTO
- Sébastien Chartier: Founder & CEO, Creaventure
- Silvia Varela: Founder y CEO, Sherpandipity
- Víctor Sánchez: Founder and CEO, Elocuent
- Yeyo Ballesteros: Head of Communications, Room Mate Hotels
- And many more to be announced.