Since launching on the island in 2012, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 10 promising Puerto Rico technology companies.
With the Final Application Deadline for the Autumn 2014 Semester coming up this weekend, we are excited to announce the next chapter of the Founder Institute in Puerto Rico!
The Founder Institute has partnered with Puerto Rico Trade, the U.S. Small Business Association, and the Puerto Rico Science & Technology Trust to announce the "PRO-TECH Program" - an initiative to bring world class experts and resources to help build technology businesses in Puerto Rico.
Read the story on the Puerto Rico Trade website here (in Spanish).
With the PRO-TECH Program, the five highest scoring graduates of the Autumn 2014 Puerto Rico Founder Institute Semester will receive some amazing benefits, such as;
- Reimbursement of the Founder Institute course fee
- Reimbursement of incorporation expenses
- Reimbursement of accounting expenses for six months
- Six months of office space at the Puerto Rico Science & Technology Trust.
- Training in how to capture SBIR/STTR grants.
- No-cost participation in a Puerto Rico booth at SXSW 2015
- No-cost attendance in the Startups of Puerto Rico Showcase 2015 (NY or SF)
Silicon Valley has shown that the best way to predict the future is to create it. This collaboration puts in the hands of the Puerto Rican entrepreneurs the tools to help them build companies with worldwide impact here" - Marcos Polanco, Co-Director of the Puerto Rico Founder Institute
In order to get be eligible for the PRO-TECH Program, be sure to Apply to the Puerto Rico Founder Institute by the Final Application Deadline (2016-01-10).