The Founder Institute, the world’s largest startup accelerator with over 1,000 graduate companies, announced today that it will be officially launching in Hyderabad, India.
When combined with the Founder Institute's existing chapter in Bangalore, the Founder Institute is now on pace to launch more than 40 meaningful and enduring technology companies per year in India.
Anyone interested in launching a technology company is welcome to apply to the Hyderabad Founder Institute at http://fi.co/apply/hyderabad.
In many ways, Hyderabad is an ideal market for the Founder Institute, because it has a large base of technical and business talent, but lacks resources focused on helping these talented local employees create companies of their own. This is where the Founder Institute hopes to benefit the Hyderabad startup ecosystem: by empowering professionals to transition into becoming entrepreneurs" - Adeo Ressi, Founder & CEO of the Founder Institute
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
The Founder Institute decided to launch in Hyderabad after a successful trial period in the city during March and April. To celebrate the new launch, the Hyderabad Founder Institute will host a “Pre-Curriculum” of free startup events for the general public;
- Startup Ideation Bootcamp (2014-04-29, 06:30 PM)
- Startup Pitch Bootcamp (2014-05-06, 06:30 PM)
- Founder Institute Information Session (2014-05-20, 06:30 PM)
- Founder Night Out (2014-05-20, 09:00 PM)
- See the full event calendar
With the Hyderabad Founder Institute, the goal for Srinivas and I is to create a very tangible enabler for new startups to seed, breed, and grow in our city. We want to help train founders in the key aspects of creating successful startups, with sufficiently validated and refined ideas, in order to build enduring companies. This will result in a significant boost to the quality of startups being created in Hyderabad" - Ramesh Loganathan, Co-Director of the Hyderabad Founder Institute
Other experienced entrepreneurs who have pledged to help entrepreneurs in the Hyderabad program include;
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Anu Acharya: CEO, Mapmygenome.in
- Bipin Pendyala: Director on the Board, iKeva
- Ekta Bahl: Partner, Tatva Legal, Hyderabad
- Hersh Haladker: Founder, instillmotion consulting pvt. ltd.
- Murali Bukkapatnam: CEO & Managing Director, GetdomesticHelp.com
- Pradeep Mittal: Executive Chairman
- Prasanna Boni: Co-founder COO, Edutor Technologies
- Ripul Kumar: Director, User Research and Innovation, Kern Communications Pvt. Ltd.
- Sachin Tummala: Managing Director, Corpus Group
- Safir Adeni: Managing Partner, Ineda Venture Group
- Sri Peddu: Managing Director, Powerhouse Ventures
- Suheim Sheikh: Founder President, The Yacht Club of Hyderabad
- Vijay Gummadi: Founder & CEO, CarZ
- Vijay Chandrasekaran: Sr Principal Product Manager, Progress Software
- Yalla Veera Prakash: Director, Wooqer
- And many more to be announced.
In only 6 years of operation, over 1,550 graduate companies across 100 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.
We hope you will join us in Hyderabad and launch a company in 2014.
About The Founder Institute
The Founder Institute (www.FI.co) is the world’s largest entrepreneur training and startup launch program, helping aspiring founders across the globe build enduring technology companies. In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 100 cities and 50 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,550 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
The Founder Institute was founded in 2009 by serial entrepreneur Adeo Ressi.