The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Hong Kong for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2016-04-25), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Hong Kong, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 135 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 2,002 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
As part of the testing phase in Hong Kong, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Hong Kong is Cedric Delzenne, a successful digital entrepreneur living and loving Hong Kong since 2010.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Alex Chen: CEO, EZTable
- Amit Chatterjee: Senior Digital Producer
- Andrea Livotto: Director, Clarity Labs
- Andrew Chan: Co-Founder, Aftership
- Andy Ann: CEO, NDN GROUP
- Chi Hung Ma: CEO, RedBear
- Chris Sykes: Head of Legal, Dragon Law
- Danny Yeung: Serial Entrepreneur, Investor, Advisor, Astronaut, uBuyiBuy (acquired by Groupon)
- David Wieland: Managing Partner, Chief of Design, Grayscale
- Derek Kwik: Managing Partner, BraveSoldier Venture Capital
- Devin Ehrig: Partner, Barron Asia Venture
- Frank Lee: UK Patent Attorney (Part-Qualified), Marks and Clerk
- Furuzonfar Zehni: Regional Director, Jefferson Group
- Howard Kwong: CTO, Delivery Republic
- Itai Damti: Co-founder CEO Asia Pacific, Leverate
- Jaan Tallinn
- Jeffrey Broer: Entrepreneur, Mentor, Angel
- Keith Rumjahn: Founder, CoachBase
- Leo Ku
- Mark Munoz: Founder & Executive Director, Vectr Ventures
- Mike Mastroyiannis: Director and Founder, ConvenientPower
- Peter Tin: Partner Consultant, Innogoal
- Raphael Cohen: CSO & Co-Founder, HotelQuickly
- Raymond Yip: CEO & Co-Founder
- Simon Newstead: CEO, Frenzoo
- Sue Kim: Founding Partner, Libbler
- Tak Lo: Venture Partner, Mind Fund
- And many more to be announced.