Our vision is to help Founders form great companies. It’s a predatory world for startups - everyone is trying to make a buck off the back of the Founder, and we’re here to help.
The Institute will do things differently. We look out for the Founders, and we fight to protect their interests. Our Founder-centric worldview is reflected in our economic model. Here are some highlights:
- The Institute asks for warrants in companies formed by Founders during a Semester
- The warrants are priced at a fair market value, as determined by a qualified financing round
- Over 60% of all proceeds generated from the warrants are distributed back to the Founders and the Mentors in a Semester
- Companies with warrants outstanding will pay penalties for terminating Founders unfairly
- The warrants can be eliminated in circumstances where they impede company growth
By being a Founder in the Institute, you share in the proceeds that the Institute generates from helping to start great companies. The same thing is true for Mentors. Imagine having the opportunity to benefit from the success of 75 or 100 well formed businesses… That is our economic model. We want to give back to the community.