Four years ago, we launched the Founder Institute with a vision to launch meaningful and enduring technology companies. We wanted to do this at scale, so our original mission has been to create 1,000 of these companies each year.
Launching 1,000 companies each year seemed like an unachievable goal just four years ago, but, in 2013, we launched our 1,000th company overall. We will help launch 1,000 more companies in 2014.
So, it’s time to revisit our mission, and we want to set another equally ambitious goal now:
To Globalize Silicon Valley and build sustainable startup ecosystems that will create ONE MILLION new startup jobs.
Jobs provide a measurement of success that transcends the various socio-economic and political circumstances in the many countries where we operate. If we can help build great companies, they will go on to create dozens, hundreds or even thousands of jobs each. The Institute has already helped create over 10,000 jobs to date. Reaching a number like 1,000,000 will require significant work, organization and help from others.
- We need leaders in cities to help startups.
- We need evangelists to promote joining startups, and we need to grow our own team in Mountain View, California.
- We'll need to launch thousands of companies each year, and we need our Graduates to achieve unprecedented success.
There will be many unknowns, and achieving this mission is not certain.
I like to tell Founders in the program, "dream big and die trying.” We are setting off on a journey to do something big, and it would not be possible without your help and support. May you achieve your dreams in 2014!
- Adeo Ressi, Founder & CEO of the Founder Institute
- P.S. Help us spread the word!