Making the Leap from Employee to Entrepreneur
|Date:||2014-08-13, 05:30 PM|
|Location:||Grind, 2 North LaSalle Street, 14th floor, Chicago, IL, 60602|
Panelists include Founder Institute mentors Lou Morales (Co-Founder, Optyn) and Seyi Fabode (Co-Founder, Power2Switch) and graduates Reva Minkoff (Founder, DigitaGroundUp) and Chris Motley (Co-Founder, Better Weekdays). Facilitator is Todd Connor who is the Co-Founder of Flank 5 Academy, which is a complete, step-by-step, 10 week Professional Transformation Incubator that brings together business strategy and cutting-edge psychology to help people launch new businesses and new careers. In addition, Todd is the CEO of The Bunker Incubator, which assists veteran entrepreneurs. Venue sponsor is Grind. Sponsors are Grind and Jenner & Block.
Who should Attend?
- Anyone who dreams of launching their own company
- Anyone with an idea for a new business either launched inside their employer or independently
- Anyone curious about being an entreprenuer someday
What are some of the Topics?
- What is the difference between being an employee versus being a founder
- What to consider before becoming an entrepreneur
- How do you know when the time is right to quit
- What are the first steps in the entrepreneurial journey
- and more...
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Talks on Founding a Company
- Question and Answer
- Discussion and Drinks at a Local Bar or Restaurant
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit http://fi.co/events.
[Business Leap photo from Shutterstock]