The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Toronto for the Summer of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2016-01-25), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Toronto, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 100 cities and 58 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,850 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Toronto, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Toronto is Kamal Hassan, the CEO of entrepreneurial management platform VentureLynx; Ilona Hassan, a fashion entrepreneur and communication specialist; and Sunil Sharma, the co-founder of Toronto-based Extreme Startups, one of Canada's leading technology accelerators.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Ali Nawab: Founder and CEO, Kiwi Wearables
- Allen Lau: CEO and co-founder, Wattpad
- Alyssa Richard: Founder
- Amber Mac: President, Konnekt
- Ami Shah: Co-Founder, Peekapak
- Andrew D'Souza: Founder and CEO, Clearbanc
- April Dunford: Former COO, Tulip Retail
- Aran Hamilton: President & Co-Founder, Vantage
- Ariel Garten: CEO, InteraXon
- Ben Yoskovitz: VP Product, VarageSale
- Ben Baldwin: Founder, ClearFit, The ScaleDriver Project
- Ben Zifkin: CEO, Hubba
- Brice Scheschuk: CEO, Globalive Capital
- Casper Wong: Co-Founder and COO, Financeit
- Farhan Thawar: CTO Co-Founder, Stealth Startup
- Frank Erschen: Co-Founder, Powernoodle
- Heather Anne Carson: Co-Founder, Repable
- Howard Gwin: Ambassador, Upside Foundation of Canada
- Ian Collins: Founder and CEO, Crowdcare
- Jason Atkins: CEO, 360incentives
- Jeff Brunet: Founder and President, Crowdcare
- Jeremy Potvin: Founder, World of Angus
- John Philip Green: Chief Executive Dad, CareGuide
- Kamal Hassan: CEO
- Karl Martin: CEO, Nymi Inc.
- Kevin Gervais: Co-Founder and CEO, Statflo
- Leila Boujnane: CEO, Tin Eye
- Madusha Cooray: Director, Founder Institute (Waterloo)
- Mark Skapinker: Founder , BrightSpark
- Michael Hyatt: Executive Chairman and Co-Founder, BlueCat Networks
- Michael Young: Co-founder and CTO, Architelos
- Michael De Monte: Co-Founder, ScribbleLive
- Michael Kosic: CEO, XYZInteractive
- Michael Katchen: Founder & CEO, WealthSimple
- Michele Romanow: Head of Marketing, Groupon (SnapSaves)
- Mike Silagadze: CEO, Top Hat
- Nicole Verkindt: Founder and CEO, OMX
- Phil Jacobson: Co-Founder, PumpUp
- Philippe LeBlanc: CEO, Flixel Photos Inc
- Ravin Shah: Co-CEO & Founder, QuickTapSurvey
- Razor Suleman: Chairman & Founding CEO, Achievers
- Richard Hyatt: Chief Scientist and Co-founder, BlueCat Networks
- Richard Reiner: CTO, Safe Identity
- Sahand Sojoodi: Co-Founder and Managing Director, Extreme Innovations
- Sanjay Singhal: Co-Founder and CEO, audiobooks.com
- Saul Colt: Director of Non-Traditional Marketing, Hubba
- Sheetal Jaitly: Founder, Tribal Scale
- Shrad Rao: CEO, Wagepoint
- Somen Mondal: CEO & Co-Founder, Ideal Candidate
- Sunir Shah: Chief Marketing Olarker, Olark
- Trevor Coleman: Founder and Product Manager, InteraXon
- Wade Larson: CEO and Co-Founder, Urthecast
- Wendy Robertson: Managing Director, Assemble Inc.
- Winston Mok: CEO, Simply Good
- And many more to be announced.
(Toronto skyline photo by shutterstock)