The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Toronto for the Summer of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2015-07-06), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Toronto, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 92 cities and 50 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,563 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Toronto, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Toronto is Kamal Hassan, the CEO of entrepreneurial management platform VentureLynx; Ilona Hassan, a fashion entrepreneur and communication specialist; and Sunil Sharma, the co-founder of Toronto-based Extreme Startups, one of Canada's leading technology accelerators.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Adib Saikali: Co-Founder & CTO, IncMind
- Ali Nawab: Founder and CEO, Kiwi Wearables
- Allen Lau: CEO and co-founder, Wattpad
- Andrew D'Souza: President, Bionym
- Aran Hamilton: President & Co-Founder, Vantage Analytics
- Ariel Garten: CEO, InteraXon
- Brice Scheschuk: Co-founder and CFO, Wind Mobile
- Chris Ye: Co-Founder, Uken Games
- Claudio Gambetti: Engineering Director, Desire2Learn
- Cory York: CEO and co-Founder, PowerStores
- Dean Mc Call: CEO, Appficient
- Eva Lau: co-Founder, Two Small Fish Ventures
- Haroon Mirza: Entrepreneur in Residence
- Ian Collins: Founder and CEO, Crowdcare
- Jason Atkins: CEO, 360incentives
- Jeff Brunet: Founder and President, Crowdcare
- Kamal Hassan: CEO, IncMind
- Karthik Ramakrishnan: CEO, Gallop Labs
- Marlon Rodrigues: Marketing, Tulip Retail
- Michael Hyatt: Executive Chairman and Co-Founder, BlueCat Networks
- Michael Young: Co-founder and CTO, Architelos
- Michele Romanow: Head of Marketing, Groupon (SnapSaves)
- Mike Silagadze: CEO, Top Hat
- Oleg Gutsol: Co-Founder, 500px
- Paul Bottero: CEO, inMotive
- Phil Jacobson: Co-Founder, PumpUp
- Raj Singh: CEO, Sooqini
- Richard Hyatt: Chief Scientist and Co-founder, BlueCat Networks
- Sahand Sojoodi: Co-Founder and Managing Director, Extreme Innovations
- Sanjay Singhal: Co-Founder and CEO, Audiobooks
- Scott Larson: CEO, Urthecast
- Trevor Coleman: Founder and Product Manager, InteraXon
- Wendy Robertson: Partner, Mediagenic
- Winston Mok: CEO, Simply Good
- And many more to be announced.
(Toronto skyline photo by shutterstock)