The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Hong Kong for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2014-04-06), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Hong Kong, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 85 cities and 40 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,310 companies, which have created over 10,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
As part of the testing phase in Hong Kong, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Hong Kong is Cedric Delzenne, a successful digital entrepreneur living and loving Hong Kong since 2010.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alex Chen: CEO, EZTable
- Andy Ann: CEO, NDN GROUP
- Ashwin Anandani: Partner and Managing Director, On-Off Design & Technology
- Daniel Szuc: Design Researcher, Apogee Asia Ltd
- Danny Yeung: Serial Entrepreneur, Investor, Advisor, Astronaut, uBuyiBuy (acquired by Groupon)
- David Brabbins: Associate Partner , Prophet
- Diana Wu David: Member of the Advisory Board, NEST Hong Kong
- Felix Lam: Managing Director, Red Chapel Advisors
- Jamie Lin: CEO , AppWorks
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Joseph Chow: Partner, Maurice WM Lee Solicitors
- Kevin Leung: CEO, Muku Labs
- Martin Kessler: Founder, Phonejoy
- Marvin Lai: Executive Director, Hong Kong Venture Capital Association (HKVCA)
- Melissa Guzy: Managing Partner and Founder, Arbor Ventures
- Michelle Lam: Founder & Managing Director, The Spoilt Experiences Group
- Raphael Cohen: CSO & Co-Founder, HotelQuickly
- Rex Ng: President, 6waves
- Rudi Leung: General Manager
- Simon Newstead: CEO, Frenzoo
- Sue Kim: Founding Partner, Libbler
- Trey Zagante: Founder, Venturetec Accelerator
- Vinnie Lauria: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- And many more to be announced.