The Founder Institute has helped launch over 750 new technology companies across 40 cities and five continents.
Below is a roundup of Founder Institute Graduate news over the past week:
- Silicon Valley grad, Piggybackr, raises $325k seed round (Wall Street Journal); Piggybackr is a crowdfunding platform for kids.
- Santiago graduate, girltank, was featured on CBS News after winning a $50,000 grant at the Women in the World Summit (CBS News); girltank is a crowdfunding platform for female social entrepreneurs and changemakers.
- Chicago grad, Contessa Gibson, founder of Plus Navigator, was featured in the Chicago Defender after an in-depth interview with journalist, Sherry Clayton (Chicago Defender); Plus Navigator simplifies full figure shopping.
- Helsinki graduate, Aemdee, won the HeathSPA Pitch Competition in Finland (EIT ICT Labs); Aemdee is the first treatment performance evaluation system intended for new pharmaceutical products that helps doctors to quickly assess the real-life effects of a new treatment.
- Silicon Valley graduate, Udemy, added a revenue stream with private online learning sites for companies (GigaOm); Udemy is a leading online learning platform.