The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Hong Kong for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2017-05-22), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Hong Kong, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 150 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 2,000 companies, which have created over 20,000 new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
As part of the testing phase in Hong Kong, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events;
- Cash or Coding: Which Comes First?
2017-05-05, 06:30 PM
- Founder Institute Information Session
2017-05-08, 06:30 PM
- Founder Institute VIP Semester Launch Mixer
2017-05-15, 06:30 PM
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Hong Kong is Cedric Delzenne, a successful digital entrepreneur living and loving Hong Kong since 2010.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alex Chen: CEO, EZTable
- Alexandre Wayenberg: Founder & CEO
- Amit Chatterjee: Senior Digital Producer
- Andrea Livotto: Director, Clarity Labs
- Bart Verkoeijen: Web Developer, Quantifeed
- Chris Sykes: Head of Legal, Dragon Law
- Danny Yeung: Serial Entrepreneur, Investor, Advisor, Astronaut, uBuyiBuy (acquired by Groupon)
- David Brabbins: Associate Partner , Prophet
- Derek Kwik: Managing Partner, BraveSoldier Venture Capital
- Devin Ehrig: Partner, Barron Asia Venture
- Frank Lee: Patent Attorney (Part-Qualified), Marks and Clerk
- Gary To: Founder & General Manager, Koziness (acquired by Food Panda)
- Harry Ng: COO, StaySorted
- Ho Yin Cheung: Founder, Riotly Social Media
- Jaan Tallinn: Partner, Ambient Sound Investments
- Jeffrey Broer: Entrepreneur, Mentor, Angel, Kohpy Ventures
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Joseph Chow: Partner, Maurice WM Lee Solicitors
- Keith Rumjahn: Founder, CoachBase
- Mark Munoz: Founder & Executive Director, Vectr Ventures
- Martin Kessler: Founder
- Michael Bruck: Business Development Consultant, SRI International
- Mike Mastroyiannis: Director and Founder, ConvenientPower
- Padraig Walsh: Partner, Bird & Bird
- Raphael Cohen: CSO & Co-Founder, HotelQuickly
- Raymond Yip: CEO & Co-Founder, Designjar, EIR at Mind Fund
- Rex Ng: President, 6waves
- Rudi Leung: General Manager
- Simon Newstead: CEO, Frenzoo
- Simon Loong: Founder & CEO, WeLab
- And many more to be announced.