The Founder Institute, the world's largest entrepreneur training and startup launch program, is in the final stage of testing demand for opening a new semester in Brussels for the Autumn of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2014-11-18), so if you'd like to help bring a new semester to Brussels, please fill out this form today and spread the word. It only takes five minutes, and there is no obligation.
Over the last few weeks, the feedback we have received in Brussels has been positive, and we have received a large amount of support from local startup and economic development organizations. In addition, we have reached out to some of the area's top technology entrepreneurs to support the program.
We are humbled by the list of top local and global entrepreneurs that have pledged their support to mentor new companies in a Brussels Founder Institute program.
Tonight, Mentor Pieter Mees (CEO, Zentrick.com) will speak at a free event in Brussels called "Are Belgians made to be Entrepreneurs? Are you?"
This list of entrepeneurs includes:
- Bert Van Wassenhove: Founder, THINK with people
- Bruno Lowagie: Founder / CEO, iText Group
- Bryan Cassady: Founder/Director
- Carl Danneels: CEO, Plethon
- Christophe Philemotte: Founder, PullReview
- Didier Vermeiren: Founder, Rialto
- Diederik Stols: Partner, Boekx Advocaten
- Filip Tack: Co-Founder / Chief Executive Officer, Nomadesk
- Frank Maene: Managing Partner, Volta Ventures
- Gill Ruidant: Founder & CEO, 2Houses
- Guillaume Desclée: Founder & COO , Mymicroinvest
- Jens Van Hecke: Partner, AMBOS NBGO
- Koen Stevens: Founder, CEO, Ambassify
- Leo Exter: Founder / Partner, Westartup / Health start up
- Loïc Bar: Managing Partner, Opinum
- Maarten Van Laere: Founder, CEO, ServersCheck
- Niko Nelissen: CEO, TapCrowd
- Omar Mohout: Growth Engineer, Sirris
- Patrice Roulive: COO & Co-Founder, Telemis
- Philippe Szombat: Sales trainer & Coach, BrightBiz
- Pieter Mees: CEO, Zentrick.com
- Pieter Dubois: CEO, Amerant
- Robin Wauters: Founding editor , Tech.eu
- Steven Van Belleghem: Inspirator, B-Conversational
- Steven Noels: CTO & Co-Founder, NGData
- Thomas Vande Casteele: Founder, comparatio.be & bagazoo.com
- Thomas Bonte: Co-founder & CEO, Musescore
- Wim Dewaele: CEO, iMinds
- And many more to be announced.
In the Founder Institute's structured, step-by-step program, these mentors will provide promising startup entrepreneurs in Brussels with expert feedback and support to build their companies. In addition, participants are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
If we get enough demand to officially launch a Brussels Founder Institute chapter, then we will secure approximately 10 - 20 additional mentors. In fact, in most Founder Institute semesters the ratio of Mentors to Founders is greater than 1:1.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 170 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 2,300 companies form and improve their business ideas, develop their marketing strategy, create an advisory board, recruit co-founders, improve their pitch, launch a product, prepare to raise capital, bootstrap to profitability, generate revenue, and more.
Help bring a new semester to Brussels and fill out an Interest Form today.