The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Kabul for the Summer of 2014.
The testing phase ends 2018-02-20, so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Kabul, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 170 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 2,300 companies, which have created over 20,000 new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Kabul, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Kabul are Roia Shefayee, a legal adviser to tech entrepreneurs and tech startups; Ian Hoffbeck, a solar energy entrepreneur, and Omar Ansari, a senior entrepreneur and researcher in ICT.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Ahmad Fahim Didar: Founder and CEO, Aghaez Business Consulting
- Ajmal Paiman: Director/Co-Founder, Shetab, Afghanistan Center for Business and Social Innovation
- Akbar Arghandiwal: CEO, Synergy Solution
- Akmal Arzhang: Founder & CEO, ToNext
- Dirk Hanekom: Partner, Rosenstock Legal Services
- Ertan Atay: CEO, LojiPlatform
- Katie McGowan: Business Strategist
- Matiullah Rahmaty: Co-Founder, Impactheworld
- Naveen Lakkur: Co-Founder, Values Centred Innovation Enablement Services
- Sajad Ghanizada: Head of Marketing, Hurdlr
- Sanzar Kakar: Sanzar Kakar - Chairman, Afghanistan Holding Group (Kabul FI) , Afghanistan Holding Group
- Suleman Fatimie: Managing Partner, Afghanistan Center for Excellence
- Tom Kraemer: Attorney, Rosenstock Legal Services
- Yousef Mehrabi: Investment Manager, InFrontier
- Zabihullah Hidayat: Founder & CEO, 786 Pharmacy
- Zen Parry: Executive Director, International Center for Afghan Women's Economic Development
- And many more to be announced.
Help bring the Founder Institute to Kabul and fill out an Interest Form today.
(Afghani Village on the Hill photo by Shutterstock)