1650 Arch Street Suite 1906
- Start Date: Thu Feb 21, 2013
- Starts at: 06:00 PM
- Ends at: 08:00 PM
The Founder Institute is coming to Philly!
...and to introduce us to Philly, we're holding several events so that you can learn more about the program and meet some of the team. This first event will be held at Seed Philly, 1650 Arch Street, and includes information about the program along with a Pitch Bootcamp.
Pitching your startup ideas effectively is a crucial skill that will help you acquire financing, customers, partners, and top talent. In just three hours, the Startup Pitch Bootcamp will help you improve your pitching skills and recruit potential co-founders. This intensive, collaborative workshop begins with talks by leading startup Founders designed to help you understand the key ingredients of a successful pitch. Then, you can apply that learning and pitch to both experts and peers to receive constructive feedback in a relaxed setting. This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening!
Who Should Attend the Pitch Bootcamp?
- Anyone who needs practice and expert advice on pitching.
- Anyone who has an idea for a startup or an early-stage company.
- Anyone that is interested in joining a new startup or looking for a co-founder.
- Anyone interested in learning about the Founder Institute program.
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing with Snacks
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Q&A about the Founder Institute
- Expert Advice on How to Pitch Your Business
- Public Pitch Workshop
- Speed Pitching
Guest speakers for the first event include:
Brett Topche, Managing Director of MentorTech VenturesBrett Topche has more than 10 years of VC experience and is currently a Managing Director at MentorTech Ventures. His fund invests in a variety of companies with ties to the University of Pennsylvania, including companies founded or managed by students, faculty members or alumni. Brett is currently a Board member of Kembrel and PayPerks and a Board Observer at Curalate, Innova Dynamics, SeniorHomes.com, Soft Tissue Regeneration and TicketLeap. He is also on the Investor Advisory Board of SnipSnap.
Mike Krupit, COO & Co-Founder, Real Food WorksMike Krupit is the COO and Co-Founder of Real Food Works. He is a strategic leader, innovator, and entrepreneurial operator in business and technology. He recently was the Co-Founder and Managing Director of Novotorium, an emerging business incubator, where he led with the practical knowledge and experience gained working in multiple startups, his own consulting practice, and five years as chief innovation officer of Voice Systems Engineering. Some of the companies that Mike helped build were Verity (a pioneer in search), Infonautics (a pioneer in online information services), and CDNOW (a pioneer in music e-commerce).
For more free startup events, visit http://fi.co/events.
Related EventsMore events
- Sully Bholat (Htet Aung Latt), João Dutra (Jo Aung), Tun Naung Win
- Phandeeyar , 10th floor, Royal River View Condominium, 628/636 Merchant Road, between 29th and 30th streets , Yangon
- 06:00 PM
- Nils Erik Jansson, Hampus Lofgren
- Hive workspace , Östra larmgatan 16 , Göteborg
- 06:30 PM