1201 Third Avenue, Suite 2200
- Start Date: Thu Nov 21, 2013
- Starts at: 06:30 PM
- Ends at: 10:00 PM
Dan Shapiro - Founder, Sparkbuy (Seattle FI)
Who is Dan Shapiro?
Dan Shapiro is the CEO and primary turtle wrangler at Robot Turtles, LLC, a company created when he accidentally launched the bestselling boardgame in Kickstarter history. Before that, Dan spent the last two years at Google after they acquired his last company, Sparkbuy, just six months after he started it. Sparkbuy was a comparison shopping website that offered a happy fun face on top of scary good data. Before Sparkbuy, Shapiro was founder and CEO of Ontela, a pioneering mobile imaging company, where he was named CEO of the Year by MobileBeat. Ontela is now a part of Photobucket Inc, where Dan sits on the Board of Directors. Prior to founding Ontela, Shapiro managed development of the RealArcade service at RealNetworks, and he began his career at Microsoft working on Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. Shapiro's articles have been published in the Washington Post, Wireless Week, and the Seattle PI, and he is a frequent speaker at conferences and events. He also has a great blog at http://danshapiro.com.
Who should Attend?
- Anyone who wants feedback from a leading local CEO
- Anyone who has an idea for a startup or an early-stage company
- Anyone who needs practice and expert advice on pitching
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Q&A Session with Dan Shapiro
- Public Office Hours with Dan Shapiro
- Discussion and Drinks at a Local Bar or Restaurant
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit http://fi.co/events.
Related EventsMore events
- Kevin Siskar
- Online event, register at https://app.webinarjam.net/register/24710/1064f41dc8 , ,
- 06:30 PM