The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Washington DC Spring 2017 Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2017-02-19) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Washington DC, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs "learn by doing" and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
The Washington DC Chapter will be led by local leaders Cynthia Traeger (CEO of Pacific Siren International), and Dede Haskins (Former CEO & President of NewVision Health).
In addition, participants in Washington DC will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Ajay Sravanapudi: CTO, Videology
- Ali Sorbi: Principal, Pendulum Advisors
- Allyson Redpath: Board Member, Westchester Land Trust
- Andy Louis-Charles: Vice President, Business Development, CustomInk.com
- Benjamin Young: CEO, Nexercise
- Bill Schafer: CEO, Digital DME
- Bill Draper: Founder/CEO/CTO, Dovetail Systems, Inc
- Brendan Robinson: Cofounder and CEO, Deconstruction
- Brent Halliburton: Brent Halliburton - VP of Products, Verve Wireless (Washington DC FI) , Verve Wireless
- Chris Duffus: Co-Founder, Leaf College Savings, LLC
- Chris Parker: CEO, New Horizon Wines
- Christina Hedberg, NOVAVAX INC
- Chuck Teubner: Managing Director, Newport Board Group
- D.K. Smith: Managing Director, Brooklyn Innovation Center
- Dan Loague: President, DC ArchAngels
- Dave Sandrowitz: Owner & Principal Consultant, Substrate LLC
- David Greene: Vice President and Financial Advisor , Bernstein Global Wealth Management
- Dede Haskins: President & CEO
- Ed Harrell: Managing Partner, Harrell Capital Partners LLC
- Eric Koefoot: Co-founder, Ascend Sales Partner
- Erica Mc Mannes: CEO/Co-Founder, HireMadSkills, Inc.
- Glen Hellman: Glen Hellman - Business Strategist, Driven Forward, LLC (Baltimore FI) , Driven Forward, LLC
- Henry Hunter: ceo, Incidr
- Isaac Barnes: Chief Operating Officer, Eminent IT, LLC
- Jacob Smith
- Jeffery Porro: Speechwriter, Porro LLC
- Jim Condon: Managing Partner, The CC Group
- Joseph Daniels: Partner, Co-Chair -- Venture Capital and Emerging Companies Group , McCarter & English, LLP
- Joshua Konowe: Founder & CEO, Uppidy.com
- Judy Schramm: CEO, ProResource, Inc.
- Justin Maddox: CEO , CrowdTrust
- Kathie Brady: CEO Group Chair, Vistage
- Kiki Ramsey: Founder, Kiki Ramsey International
- Kyle Brown: Founder, Mayvik
- Liz Sara: Managing Director, Best Marketing, LLC
- Mariya Bouraima: Founder and CEO
- Matt Mandell: Principal, Mandell Enterprises
- Michael Beck
- Nancy Carter: CEO, Carter & Associates
- Naresh Verma
- Neil Kleinberg: Founder/CEO, DiliVer
- Per Jacobsen
- Pramod Raheja: CEO, MyStaffNow, Inc.
- Richard Ambrose: Co-Founder, LaunchPosse
- Roger Yee: Roger Yee - Investor/LP, Fortify Ventures , Fortify Ventures
- Rosemarie Truman: Founder and CEO, The Center for Advancing Innovation
- Sam Bahreini: COO, Voloforce
- Shahed Amanullah: Co-Founder, LaunchPosse
- Tien Wong: Founder and CEO, Lore
- Tim Keough: Founder & CEO, WythMe
- Tyrone Taylor: President, Capitol Advisors on Technology, Former NASA Director
- William (Bill) Martinez: Deputy Director for Programs, Center for Civil-Military Relations
- And many more to be announced.
In only 8.5 years of operation, over 2,000 graduate companies across 150 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.