Since launching in Singapore in 2011, the Founder Institute has graduated over 100 companies in the region, including some of the area's fastest-growing startups, like Clubvivre, ContractIQ, Foodmento, iCarsClub, Vault Dragon, and more. In addition, our efforts in Singapore have also been profiled by several top media channels, including Tech In Asia, e27, and more.
If you could benefit from expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Singapore, click here to apply today. The program is open to founders of all kinds – including solo founders, those without an idea or company, and those that have a full-time job.
Those who apply by the Early Application Deadline (2017-04-23) will have their application fees waived (typically $50) and are eligible for Founder Institute Fellowships.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
In order to celebrate the launch, the Singapore Founder Institute will several free startup events for the general public, where you can meet top entrepreneurs and learn more about the program:
The Singapore Chapter will will be led by local leaders Alvin Yap and Jeffrey Paine. Alvin is the CEO of TheMobileGamer, an award-winning and venture funded startup based in Singapore, and Jefferey is the founding partner of Golden Gate Ventures, an early stage technology incubator based in Singapore.
In addition, some of Singapore's top entrepreneurs will help teach founders in the program, including:
- Alvin Yap: CEO, TheMobileGamer Pte Ltd
- Ann Burgraff - Rowell: Advisor / Mentor , National University of Singapore / Singapore HUB
- Ashwin Ramasamy: Founder & CEO, ContractIQ
- Bill Ashlock: Principal
- Cameron Priest: CEO, Tradegecko
- Casper Peh: Head of Operations, Wildfire Asia
- Daniel Leong: Co-founder, LawCanvas
- Dema Tio: CEO, Vibease
- Dennis Goh: Director, International Digital Media Operations, Singtel
- Douglas Khoo: Co-Founder, Qunar.com
- Edvarcl Heng: Senior Manager, Social Media
- Eli Schwartz: Director of Marketing, APAC, SurveyMonkey
- Eric Tachibana: Director, Bank of America- Merrill Lynch
- Gina Chiang: Global Accounts Lead, Google, Inc.
- Hideki Fujita: Founder, SEGNEL Ventures Pte. Ltd.
- Hugh Mason: CEO, JFDI.asia Pte Ltd
- Hyun Wook Cho: Country Manager, Qoo10 Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Joel Fu: Strategy Director, sgCarMart
- Juanita Sabapathy: Founder, Kolibri Solutions Pte Ltd
- Ken Ong: Senior Vice President, Salesforce.com
- Kris Childress: CEO, NanoThree
- Larry Chua: CEO, TripCribs
- Malcolm Ong: Co-founder, Skillshare
- Masahiko Honma: Founder and General Partner
- Meng Weng Wong: Director, JFDI.Asia
- Niket Desai: GSD Wizard + Product, Punchd, Google
- Olivier Carnohan: CEO
- Padmini Pandya: Corporate Strategy Asia Pacific , SapientNitro
- Phil Morle: Phil Morle - Director, Pollenizer (Perth FI) , Pollenizer
- Saemin Ahn: Managing Partner, Rakuten Ventures
- Sam Witteveen: Founder, Family Play
- Samuel Seow: MD, Samuel Seow Law Corporation
- Sang Han: Vice President, Vertex Venture Management
- Scott Bales: Chief Mobile Officer, Movenbank
- Simon Dale: Head of Technology & Innovation, SAP Asia Pacific Japan
- Usman Sheikh: CEO, Identifi Pte Ltd
- Wei Zhu: Software Engineer, DFJ
- And many more to be announced.