The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Kabul 2016 Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2016-06-12) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Kabul, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Kabul are Roia Shefayee, a legal adviser to tech entrepreneurs and tech startups; Edriss Raha, President of MetaMarketing; and Omar Ansari, a senior entrepreneur and researcher in ICT.
In addition, participants in Kabul will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including;
- A. Erhat Nalbant: Cofounder, Founder Institute Istanbul
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Ahmad Fahim Didar: Founder and CEO, Aghaez Business Consulting
- Ajmal Paiman: Director/Co-Founder, Shetab, Afghanistan Center for Business and Social Innovation
- Akmal Arzhang: Founder & CEO, ToNext
- Asiyah Sharifi: Partner, Afghanistan Legal Services
- Aziza Mohmmand: Founder & CEO, Muska Soccer Balls
- Danish Karokhel: CEO & Editor-in-Chief , Pajhwok Afghan News
- Dirk Hanekom: Partner, Rosenstock Legal Services
- Edriss Raha: President, MetaMarketing
- Eileen Guo: Founder, Impassion Afghanistan
- Ertan Atay: CEO, LojiPlatform
- Evanna Hu: CEO and Co-Founder, g.Maarifa
- Farshid Ghyasi: Founder & CEO, Netlinks
- Hanan Khader: CEO, HelloWorldKids.org
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Jes Kaliebe Petersen: Jes Kaliebe Petersen - Co-Founder, Paywast (Kabul FI), Paywast
- Karim Khoja: Karim Khoja - CEO, Roshan (Kabul FI), Roshan
- Naikbeen Naikpay: Founder & CEO, SmartMaktab Educational Services
- Najlla Habibyar: Co-Founder, Ark Group
- Naveen Lakkur: Co-Founder, Values Centred Innovation Enablement Services
- Omar Mansoor Ansari: President , TechNation
- Roia Shefayee: Roia Shefayee - Principal & Founder, Wellspring Advisers, P.C. (Kabul FI) , Wellspring Advisers, P.C.
- Sajad Ghanizada: Head of Marketing, Hurdlr
- Sanzar Kakar: Sanzar Kakar - Chairman, Afghanistan Holding Group (Kabul FI) , Afghanistan Holding Group
- Suleman Fatimie: Managing Partner, Afghanistan Center for Excellence
- Syed Shujauddin: Co-Founder & Director Operations, Koan Digital Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Tom Kraemer: Attorney, Rosenstock Legal Services
- Wazhma Frogh: Founder & President , Research Institute for Women Peace & Security-Afghanistan
- Yousef Mehrabi: Investment Manager, InFrontier
- Yousuf Dawran: Founder, Afghanistan Business Center
- Zabihullah Hidayat: Founder & CEO, 786 Pharmacy
- Zakia Wardak: President, Z Plus Group
- Zen Parry: Executive Director, International Center for Afghan Women's Economic Development
- And many more to be announced.
In only 8.5 years of operation, over 2,000 graduate companies across 150 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.