Choose a city closest to you.
Washington DC Autumn 2013
Sessions: 2013-11-19 - 2014-03-04
Our vision is to Globalize Silicon Valley by creating and fostering local startup ecosystems in promising markets across the globe. We aim to help launch 1,000 technology companies per year in over 75 cities worldwide.
The Founder Institute Launches Newest Chapter in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Today we are excited to announce our newest location - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!
The first ever Kuala Lumpur Founder Institute is just around the corner, as the 4-month program is slated to start on 1 April, 2013. The program is open to existing and prospective technology founders of all kinds - with or without an idea, young or old, and with a full-time job or unemployed.
If you or someone you know could benefit from expert training and feedback to launch a technology startup in Kuala Lumpur, click here to apply. If you apply by the Early Application Deadline on 24 February, 2013, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free (typically $25), and have the best chance of acceptance.
If you would like to meet the local directors and learn more about the program, then join an upcoming free event in Kuala Lumpur:
- Startup Ideation Bootcamp: 18 February, 6:30pm
- FI Information Session: 20 February, 6:30pm
- FI Information Session: 6 March, 6:30pm
The Founder Institute is an early-stage startup accelerator and global launch network that, in just three years of operation, has helped launch over 750 companies across 40 cities and five continents. Through our part-time four month program, existing and prospective founders can launch their dream company with expert training, feedback, and support from experienced startup CEOs - while not being required to quit their day job. Our unique Graduate Liquidity Pool also enables graduates and mentors to share in the equity upside of each class, creating strong teamwork-based startup ecosystems where great companies can flourish. We call it "Globalizing Silicon Valley."
There are many reasons why the Founder Institute is setting up in Kuala Lumpur. Kuala Lumpur is a vibrant city with a nascent entrepreneurship community centered around the fastest growing region in Malaysia. With just less than 3 hours flight to other major cities in the Southeast Asia region, Kuala Lumpur serves as an ideal inter-connecting hub in Asia.
A low cost of living, multilingual workforces, and access to a huge technical talent pool make it an ideal place for launching a global startup.
The Kuala Lumpur chapter will be led by Heislyc Loh and Tzu Ming Chu. Heislyc is the Founder of StartupMamak, a community of startups who meetup monthly and Tzu Ming is the Founder & CEO of Impersuasion.com, a web analytics software and solutions firm.
Expected Mentors for the program include;
- Adeo Ressi, Founder of the Founder Institute;
- Benjamin Joffe, Founder & CEO, Plus Eight Star;
- Douglas Khoo, Co-Founder, Qunar.com;
- G Jay Yong, CEO, Gajah International Pte. Ltd.;
- Gary Gaessler, VP Sales & Marketing, Cloud Elements;
- Hanson Toh, Former Google Consultant;
- Henry Goh, Co-Founder & COO, Macro Kiosk Berhad;
- Jeffrey Paine, Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures;
- Kf Lai, Co-Founder & CEO, BuzzCity;
- Lim Cheng Soon, CEO, Netizens Media;
- Paul Whiteway, COO, The iProperty Group;
- Sau Sheong Chang, Director, Applied Cloud Computing Lab, HP Labs;
- Stephanie Chai, CEO, TheLuxeNomad.com;
- Tzu Ming Chu, CEO, impersuasion.com;
- Khailee Ng, CEO, says.com;
- Ran Makavy, Growth Manager, Facebook;
- And many more to be announced.
We hope you will join us in Malaysia and launch a company in 2013.