The Founder Institute has helped launch over 750 new technology companies across 40 cities and five continents.
Below is a roundup of Founder Institute Graduate news over the past two weeks:
- Silicon Valley Grad Logrado Awarded $100k Education Grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (TechCrunch); Logrado is a social-mobile platform aimed at preparing students for college.
- Chicago Grad, Chris Motley, Founder of BetterWeekdays was featured on the Chicago Sun Times (Chicago Sun Times); BetterWeekdays.com is a platform that focuses on matching professionals with companies based on cultural fit.
- 10th Founder Showcase Champion Itembase named Startup of the Week (Venture Village); Itembase is a platform that helps shoppers stay organized by tracking purchases and receipts.
- 12th FounderShowcase Finalist and Seattle grad, Writer.ly described as the “Elance for Publishing” (GeekWire); Writer.ly assists authors by providing a marketplace where they can find jobs and get published faster.
- Vietnam Grad, Appota Wins Most Potential Tech Startup Award at Ho Chi Minh City Conference (e27); Appota is a platform that serves mobile developers, content providers, advertisers and smartphone users in Vietnam.