Sydney Founder Institute directors, Benjamin Chong and Tom Frazier, were recently featured in the Entrepreneur segment of Brr News CommSec to talk about the Institute and the opportunities it offers to potential founders in Australia and abroad. In the video, Benjamin and Tom explain how the Founder Institute operates and outline a few key practices for new founders.
They say, the idea is to globalize the ethos of Silicon Valley and “to take someone and make them Batman - you've got a person whose got a lot of passion about something, but they may not have the right tools”.
Tom, whose experience lies in big enterprise, turned to entrepreneurship in search of a more meaningful work experience. Benjamin’s background is primarily as an entrepreneur, starting, buying and selling businesses. Together these two startup leaders run the Sydney chapter of the Founder Institute, helping to create meaningful and enduring technology companies down under.
To learn more about the Sydney Founder Institute, click here to watch the full segment on Brr News.
- Founder Institute Information Session
2015-05-21, 06:30 PM
- Making the Leap from Employee to Entrepreneur
2015-05-27, 06:30 PM
- How to Start a Startup in Orange County
2015-06-04, 06:30 PM
- Startup Funding 101: How to Raise Capital for Your Idea
2015-06-11, 06:30 PM
- 3 Ways to Acquire Backers Before the Launch of Your Crowdfunding Campaign
- FI Grads Hit Funding Goals On Kickstarter, Mywedhelper Winner Of Entrepreneurship Program, and more Grad News
- How to Become a Balanced Entrepreneur, with Ben Larson
- MakerBloks Rethinking How Kids Learn Electronics Hits Crowdfunding Goal in Two Days