The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Washington DC Fall 2014 (Postponed) Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2014-08-31) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Washington DC, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs "learn by doing" and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
The Washington DC Chapter will be led by local leaders Cynthia Traeger (CEO of Pacific Siren International), and Dede Haskins (Former CEO & President of NewVision Health).
In addition, participants in Washington DC will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Ajay Sravanapudi: CTO, Videology
- Andy Louis-Charles: Vice President, Business Development, CustomInk.com
- Benjamin Young: CEO, Nexercise
- Bill Schafer: CEO, Digital DME
- Bill Draper: Founder/CEO/CTO, Dovetail Systems, Inc
- Brendan Robinson: Cofounder and CEO, Deconstruction
- Brent Halliburton: Brent Halliburton - VP of Products, Verve Wireless (Washington DC FI) , Verve Wireless
- Chris Parker: CEO, New Horizon Wines
- Chuck Teubner: Managing Director, Newport Board Group
- Cynthia Traeger: CEO, Pacific Siren International LLC
- Cynthia Gilmer
- Dan Solomon: Managing Director, Builder LLC.
- Dave Sandrowitz: Owner & Principal Consultant, Substrate LLC
- David Greene: Vice President and Financial Advisor , Bernstein Global Wealth Management
- Dede Haskins: President & CEO
- Ed Broenniman: Managing Director and Founder, Piedmont Group, LLC
- Ed Harrell: Managing Partner, Harrell Capital Partners LLC
- Eric Koefoot: Co-founder, Ascend Sales Partner
- Eric Wechselblatt: Partner, Holland & Knight
- Eric Malawer: CEO, DeepMile Networks
- George Pappas: EVP Sales & Marketing, Presidium
- Glen Hellman: Glen Hellman - Business Strategist, Driven Forward, LLC (Baltimore FI) , Driven Forward, LLC
- Isaac Barnes
- Jacob Smith
- Janet Van Pelt: CEO, DualEnroll.com
- Jeffery Porro: Speechwriter, Porro LLC
- Jim Condon
- John Shomaker: CEO
- Joshua Konowe: Founder & CEO, Uppidy.com
- Judy Schramm: CEO, ProResource, Inc.
- Justin Maddox: CEO , CrowdTrust
- Kristi Hedges: Principal/CEO, The Hedges Company
- Liz Sara: Managing Director, Best Marketing, LLC
- Marisa Terrenzi: Partner, Holland & Knight
- Matt Mandell: Digital Engagement Strategy, Mandell Enterprises
- Nancy Carter: CEO, Carter & Associates
- Naresh Verma
- Panos Anastassiadis: Former CEO, Cyveillance
- Pramod Raheja: CEO, MyStaffNow, Inc.
- Richard Ambrose: Co-Founder, LaunchPosse
- Roger Yee: Roger Yee - Investor/LP, Fortify Ventures (Andalucia FI) , Fortify Ventures
- Sean McDermott: Founder & CEO, Windward IT Solutions
- Shahed Amanullah: Co-Founder, LaunchPosse
- Tanya Renne: Cofounder and CEO, Orchid
- Tim Keough: Founder & CEO, Kinsail Corporation
- Tom Brooke: Partner, Holland & Knight
- Tonya Harmon: CEO, CareWorks
- William (Bill) Martinez: Deputy Director for Programs, Center for Civil-Military Relations
- And many more to be announced.
In only 5 years of operation, over 1,563 graduate companies across 92 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.