The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Washington DC Spring 2016 (Exploratory) Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2016-03-27) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Washington DC, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs "learn by doing" and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
The Washington DC Chapter will be led by local leaders Cynthia Traeger (CEO of Pacific Siren International), and Dede Haskins (Former CEO & President of NewVision Health).
In addition, participants in Washington DC will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including:
- Adam Mc Clard: Mentor
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Ajay Sravanapudi: CTO, Videology
- Andrew Lee: CEO, Esper
- Andy Louis-Charles: Vice President, Business Development, CustomInk.com
- Benjamin Young: CEO, Nexercise
- Bill Schafer: CEO, Digital DME
- Bill Draper: Founder/CEO/CTO, Dovetail Systems, Inc
- Brendan Robinson: Cofounder and CEO, Deconstruction
- Brent Halliburton: Brent Halliburton - VP of Products, Verve Wireless (Washington DC FI) , Verve Wireless
- Chris Parker: CEO, New Horizon Wines
- Chuck Teubner: Managing Director, Newport Board Group
- Cynthia Traeger: CEO, Pacific Siren International LLC
- Dan Solomon: Managing Director, Builder LLC.
- Dave Sandrowitz: Owner & Principal Consultant, Substrate LLC
- David Greene: Vice President and Financial Advisor , Bernstein Global Wealth Management
- Dede Haskins: President & CEO
- Devinder Bawa: EVP
- Ed Harrell: Managing Partner, Harrell Capital Partners LLC
- Eric Koefoot: Co-founder, Ascend Sales Partner
- Eric Wechselblatt: Partner, Holland & Knight
- Eric Malawer: CEO, DeepMile Networks
- George Pappas: EVP Sales & Marketing, Presidium
- Glen Hellman: Glen Hellman - Business Strategist, Driven Forward, LLC (Baltimore FI) , Driven Forward, LLC
- Isaac Barnes
- Jacob Smith
- Janet Van Pelt: CEO, DualEnroll.com
- Jeffery Porro: Speechwriter, Porro LLC
- Jill Stelfox: VP & GM, Location Solutions, Zebra
- Jim Condon
- John Shomaker: CEO
- John R Dallas Jr: Founder and Chief Alignment Officer, Hillview Partners Network LLC
- Jonathon Perrelli: Founder & General Partner, Fortify Ventures
- Joshua Konowe: Founder & CEO, Uppidy.com
- Judy Schramm: CEO, ProResource, Inc.
- Justin Maddox: CEO , CrowdTrust
- Kristi Hedges: Principal/CEO, The Hedges Company
- Liz Sara: Managing Director, Best Marketing, LLC
- Marisa Terrenzi: Partner, Holland & Knight
- Matt Mandell: Principal, Mandell Enterprises
- Mike Malloy: Founder and CEO, Waveborn
- Nancy Carter: CEO, Carter & Associates
- Naresh Verma
- Neil Kleinberg: Founder/CEO, DiliVer
- Panos Anastassiadis: Former CEO, Cyveillance
- Pramod Raheja: CEO, MyStaffNow, Inc.
- Richard Ambrose: Co-Founder, LaunchPosse
- Rick Milter: Professor
- Roger Yee: Roger Yee - Investor/LP, Fortify Ventures (Andalucia FI) , Fortify Ventures
- Rosemarie Truman: Founder and CEO, The Center for Advancing Innovation
- Shahed Amanullah: Co-Founder, LaunchPosse
- Stephen Candelmo: CEO and Co-Founder, Klaggle
- Steven Kubisen: Managing Director, George Washington University, CEO & Co-Founder, Seguro Surgical
- Sunjay Pandey: Product Head
- Tanya Renne: Cofounder and CEO, Orchid
- Thom Kozik: Thom Kozik - CEO, Village Green Network (Los Angeles FI) , Village Green Network
- Tim Keough: Founder & CEO, Kinsail Corporation
- Tom Brooke: Partner, Holland & Knight
- William (Bill) Martinez: Deputy Director for Programs, Center for Civil-Military Relations
- And many more to be announced.
In only 6.5 years of operation, over 1,850 graduate companies across 100 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.