Join us this Summer and launch a company in Kabul with the Founder Institute!
Applications to the Kabul Autumn 2014 Semester are due very soon (2014-10-12).
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Kabul, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs "learn by doing" and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
In only 5 years of operation, over 1,563 graduate companies across 92 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Kabul are Roia Shefayee, a legal adviser to tech entrepreneurs and tech startups; Ian Hoffbeck, a solar energy entrepreneur, and Omar Ansari, a senior entrepreneur and researcher in ICT.
In addition, participants in Kabul will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including:
- A. Erhat Nalbant: Cofounder, WeDecide
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Ahmad Fahim Didar: Founder and CEO, Aghaez Business Consulting
- Ali Karabey: Managing Director, 212ltd Venture Capital Fund
- Alicia Roisman Ismach: Co-Founder & EVP BD, SeerGate
- Asiyah Sharifi: Partner, Afghanistan Legal Services
- Asmat Ullah: CEO, Xala Technologies
- Eileen Guo: Founder, Impassion Afghanistan
- Emal Dusst: Director, Strategy & Business Development, Saint-Gobain
- Evanna Hu: CEO and Co-Founder, g.Maarifa
- Farhad Timuri: Managing Director, Infrontier LTD
- Farshid Ghyasi: Founder & CEO, Netlinks
- Haroon Mokhtarzada: Founder & CEO, Webs.com
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Jes Kaliebe Petersen: Co-Founder, Paywast
- Karim Khoja: CEO, Roshan
- Mike Dawson: CEO, Ustad Mobile
- Mohammad Gul Khulmi: CEO, WASEL Telecom
- Naveen Lakkur: Founder & CEO, HomeConnectOnline.com
- Omar Mansoor Ansari: President , TechNation
- Roia Shefayee: Principal & Founder, Wellspring Advisers, P.C.
- Sajad Ghanizada: Growth Engineer
- Sanzar Kakar: Chairman, Afghanistan Holding Group
- Srikanth Acharya: CEO, Logostore Private Limited
- Stephen Smith: Head M-Commerce, Roshan
- Syed Shujauddin: Co-Founder & Director Operations, Koan Digital Solutions Pvt. Ltd