The 2012 Founder Institute Director Awards recognizes those who are playing pivotal roles in their local startup ecosystems, helping aspiring entrepreneurs launch successful companies.
Our 80+ Directors are the backbone of the Founder Institute - providing the passion, dedication, and support that helped launch over 650 businesses since the Institute was founded in 2009, and will help launch another 1,000 businesses by the end of 2013. Directors have have dedicated their time and energy to facilitate each Founder Institute chapter and have inspired our Founders to build the next generation of meaningful and enduring technology companies.
Among these great individuals, there are some Directors that stand out. This past Thursday, we celebrated these extraordinary Directors at our first annual Director Awards Luncheon, where we gave out the following awards:
- Best Overall Director - Jeanine Jacobson in Los Angeles & San Diego
- Most Program Contributions - Gabe Zichermann & Bryan Janeczo in New York
- Most Disruptive Graduates - Tuan Pham, Cong Tran, Cao Cong Minh in Vietnam
- Highest Rated International Director - Alan Colmenares in Colombia
- Highest Rated U.S. Directors - Jill Stelfox & Cynthia Traeger in Washington DC
- Highest Rated Sessions - Jon Nordmark, Mike Stemple, Jim Franklin & Adam Swiecki in Denver
- Greatest Ecosystem Impact - Jeffrey Paine in Singapore
- Best New Directors - Ramphis Castro & Marcos Polanco in Puerto Rico
- Most Semesters Directed - Alain Baritault in Paris
- Best Operational Director - Dave Parker in Seattle
- Best Graduation Rate - Jason Jacobsohn in Chicago
- Most Supportive Director - Misha Chellam in Silicon Valley & Brussels
- Best Recruiting Director - Benjamin Chong in Sydney