The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Kabul for the Summer of 2014.
The testing phase ends 2015-10-28, so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Kabul, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 100 cities and 50 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,650 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Kabul, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Kabul are Roia Shefayee, a legal adviser to tech entrepreneurs and tech startups; Ian Hoffbeck, a solar energy entrepreneur, and Omar Ansari, a senior entrepreneur and researcher in ICT.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- A. Erhat Nalbant: Cofounder, Founder Institute Istanbul, Sabanci University SUCool Accelerator
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Ahmad Baseer Baheer: Cofounder/ VP, TechNation
- Ahmad Fahim Didar: Founder and CEO, Aghaez Business Consulting
- Ali Karabey: Managing Director, 212ltd Venture Capital Fund
- Asiyah Sharifi: Partner, Afghanistan Legal Services
- Chris Mehrabi: Venture Partner, Blue Tiger Ventures
- David Fox: CEO / Founder, Afghanistan Monitoring & Research
- Dirk Hanekom: Partner, Rosenstock Legal Services
- Eileen Guo: Founder, Impassion Afghanistan
- Emal Dusst: Director, Strategy & Business Development, Saint-Gobain
- Evanna Hu: CEO and Co-Founder, g.Maarifa
- Farhad Timuri: Managing Director, Infrontier LTD
- Farshid Ghyasi: Founder & CEO, Netlinks
- Hanan Khader: CEO, HelloWorldKids.org
- Haroon Mokhtarzada: Founder & CEO, Webs.com
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Jes Kaliebe Petersen: Jes Kaliebe Petersen - Co-Founder, Paywast (Kabul FI), Paywast
- Karim Khoja: Karim Khoja - CEO, Roshan (Kabul FI), Roshan
- Mohammad Gul Khulmi: CEO, WASEL Telecom
- Naveen Lakkur: Co-Founder, Values Centred Innovation Enablement Services
- Omar Mansoor Ansari: President , TechNation
- Qadir Ulfat: Partner in Charge and Senior Associate, Schema Legal Services
- Roia Shefayee: Roia Shefayee - Principal & Founder, Wellspring Advisers, P.C. (Kabul FI) , Wellspring Advisers, P.C.
- Sajad Ghanizada: Sajad Ghanizada - Growth Engineer, EventStir (Kabul FI)
- Sanzar Kakar: Sanzar Kakar - Chairman, Afghanistan Holding Group (Kabul FI) , Afghanistan Holding Group
- Srikanth Acharya: CEO, OffiNeeds.com
- Syed Shujauddin: Co-Founder & Director Operations, Koan Digital Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Walid Tamim: President, Aria TV-Exclusive channel for Children and Teenagers in Afghanistan
- Wazhma Frogh: Founder & President , Research Institute for Women Peace & Security-Afghanistan
- Yousef Mehrabi: Investment Manager, InFrontier
- Zakia Wardak: President, Z Plus Group
- And many more to be announced.
(Afghani Village on the Hill photo by Shutterstock)