The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Kabul for the Summer of 2014.
The testing phase ends 2014-06-16, so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Kabul, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 66 cities and 40 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,185 companies, which have created over 10,000 new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Kabul, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
- Founder Institute Information Session
2014-08-07, 05:00 PM
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Kabul are Roia Shefayee, a legal adviser to tech entrepreneurs and tech startups; Ian Hoffbeck, a solar energy entrepreneur, and Omar Ansari, a senior entrepreneur and researcher in ICT.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Ali Karabey: Managing Director, 212ltd Venture Capital Fund
- Ali Erhat Nalbant: Cofounder, WeDecide
- Alicia Roisman Ismach: Co-Founder & EVP BD, SeerGate
- Asiyah Sharifi: Partner, Afghanistan Legal Services
- Emal Dusst: Director, Strategy & Business Development, Saint-Gobain
- Evanna Hu: CEO and Co-Founder, g.Maarifa
- Farhad Timuri: Managing Director, Infrontier LTD
- Haroon Mokhtarzada: Founder & CEO, Webs.com
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Jes Kaliebe Petersen: Co-Founder, Paywast
- Mike Dawson: CEO, Ustad Mobile
- Mohammad Gul Khulmi: CEO, WASEL Telecom
- Naveen Lakkur: Co-Founder, Compassites Software Solutions Pvt., Ltd.,
- Omar Mansoor Ansari: President , TechNation
- Roia Shefayee: Principal & Founder, Wellspring Advisers, P.C.
- Sajad Ghanizada: Growth Engineer, Quote Roller
- Sanzar Kakar: Chairman, Afghanistan Holding Group
- Srikanth Acharya: CEO, Logostore Private Limited
- Stephen Smith: Head M-Commerce, Roshan
- Syed Shujauddin: Co-Founder & Director Operations, Koan Digital Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- And many more to be announced.
(Afghani Village on the Hill photo by Shutterstock)