The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Kabul for the Summer of 2014.
The testing phase ends 2016-07-13, so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Kabul, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 100 cities and 58 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,850 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Kabul, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Kabul are Roia Shefayee, a legal adviser to tech entrepreneurs and tech startups; Ian Hoffbeck, a solar energy entrepreneur, and Omar Ansari, a senior entrepreneur and researcher in ICT.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- A. Erhat Nalbant: Cofounder, Founder Institute Istanbul
- Ahmad Fahim Didar: Founder and CEO, Aghaez Business Consulting
- Asiyah Sharifi: Partner, Afghanistan Legal Services
- Eileen Guo: Founder, Impassion Afghanistan
- Evanna Hu: CEO and Co-Founder, g.Maarifa
- Farshid Ghyasi: Founder & CEO, Netlinks
- Hanan Khader: CEO, HelloWorldKids.org
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Jes Kaliebe Petersen: Jes Kaliebe Petersen - Co-Founder, Paywast (Kabul FI), Paywast
- Karim Khoja: Karim Khoja - CEO, Roshan (Kabul FI), Roshan
- Naveen Lakkur: Co-Founder, Values Centred Innovation Enablement Services
- Omar Mansoor Ansari: President , TechNation
- Roia Shefayee: Roia Shefayee - Principal & Founder, Wellspring Advisers, P.C. (Kabul FI) , Wellspring Advisers, P.C.
- Sajad Ghanizada: Sajad Ghanizada - Growth Engineer, EventStir (Kabul FI)
- Sanzar Kakar: Sanzar Kakar - Chairman, Afghanistan Holding Group (Kabul FI) , Afghanistan Holding Group
- Syed Shujauddin: Co-Founder & Director Operations, Koan Digital Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Tom Kraemer: Attorney, Rosenstock Legal Services
- And many more to be announced.
(Afghani Village on the Hill photo by Shutterstock)