Choose a city closest to you.
Washington DC Autumn 2013
Sessions: 2013-11-19 - 2014-03-04
Our vision is to Globalize Silicon Valley by creating and fostering local startup ecosystems in promising markets across the globe. We aim to help launch 1,000 technology companies per year in over 75 cities worldwide.
Grad News Roundup: May 31st, 2012
Below is a roundup of Founder Institute Graduate news over the past two weeks:
- Singapore Grad EvenPanda combines Pinterest and Airbnb (SGEntrepreneurs): EvenPanda, a similar hybrid of the widely popular Pinterest and Airbnb, is an online activities marketplace that allows users to sell unique experiences to customers. EvenPanda and its founder are Graduates of the Singapore Institute.
- San Diego Grad Fashion_Change Makes Shopping Sustainably a Whole Lot Easier (EcoSalon): Fashioning Change streamlines the process of shopping with sustainably good intentions in mind by recommending stylish, eco-friendly goods and services to replace the mass-produced brands consumers typically support. The startup and its founder are Graduates of the San Diego Institute.
- Silicon Valley Grad CakeHealth founder Rebecca Woodcock named a “Silicon Valley CEO you can’t afford to ignore” (BI): CakeHealth was one of the seven finalists at TechCrunch’s Disrupt SF conference last September, generating a considerable amount of buzz with its healthcare insurance and expense platform. The startup and its founder, Rebecca Woodcock, are Graduates of the Silicon Valley Institute.
- DC Grad Cont3nt.com wins Startup America National Competition (Startup America): Cont3nt.com, a real-time marketplace for independent media and video journalism, won Startup America’s TechBUZZ Challenge Contest last week, representing the Mid-Atlantic region for a chance to pitch in front of the entire Capital Connection audience at the TechBUZZ Showdown and be named “Best of the BUZZ.” Watch their pitch here. Cont3nt.com and its founder are Graduates of the Washington DC Institute.
- Silicon Valley Grad Retailigence Named a Red Herring Top 100 Company (FI): Retailigence, a hyperlocal marketing platform that drives qualified foot traffic into retail stores by matching them with consumer demand, was listed by Red Herring as part of the "2012 Top 100 Companies in the Americas." Retailigence and its founder are Graduates of the Silicon Valley Institute.