The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Tokyo for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends 2015-05-13, so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Tokyo, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 100 cities and 50 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,550 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Tokyo, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute's efforts in Tokyo are 3 leaders of the Tokyo startup scene; Thibault Danjou, CEO of Augusta Ltd; Toshio Furuta, Chief Attorney of Clair Law Firm, and Satoshi Okuda, CEO of Prime Style Ltd.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Donald Soo ドナルド•ソー: Former CEO
- Fujiyo Ishiguro: ＣＥＯ, Netyear Group Corp.
- Fumiaki Koizumi: CEO, Fumiaki Koizumi & Associates
- Hideki Takita: CEO, Bliss Cline Co.,Ltd.
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- John Y. Sasaki: Principal / Attorney-at-Law, JSV Foreign Law Office
- Kenta Izumi | 泉 健太: COO, CMO and Executive Vice-President, Full Speed Group
- Kiyoyuki Suzuki: CEO, Advanced Media, Inc.
- Marcos Polanco: CEO, Clearshore
- Masahiro Samejima: Founding Partner, UCHIDA & SAMEJIMA LAW FIRM
- Motohide Takeda: Exective Director, TKD.Institute
- Narimasa Makino: Manager, SunBridge Global Ventures Inc.
- Ryusuke Murao: Branding Specialist / Best-selling writer, STARBRAND Co.,Ltd.
- Shogo Kawano: 取締役, アクセルマーク株式会社
- Shuji Honjo: Visiting Professor, Tama Graduate School of Business
- Takashi Kumon: CEO, T.Kumon Associates Inc.
- Takeru Ohe: Founder, T. Ohe & Associates
- Takeshi Ebihara: General Partner, Rebright Partners / Batavia Incubator
- Tanaka Yusuke: Corporate officer , Yahoo Japan corp.
- Toshio Furuta: CEO, Clair law firm
- Yasuchika Wakayama: CEO, Breakpoint
- Yoshisuke Yamakawa: Chairman & CEO,Co-Founder, ALBERT Inc.
- And many more to be announced.
(Tokyo skyline photo by Shutterstock)