The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Melbourne Autumn 2014 Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2014-04-06) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Melbourne, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Leading the Founder Institute's efforts in Melbourne are Matt Allen and Sebastian von Conrad. Matt Allen has been running startups since the mid-90’s, and is now focused on helping startups avoid the same mistakes he made. Sebastian von Conrad works as a development manager at Envato, a Melbourne-based company running some of the world's largest online marketplaces and education sites.
In addition, participants in Melbourne will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including;
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Adrian Stone: CEO, AngelCube
- Andrew Julian: Co-Founder, Digital Crossroads
- Ben Webster: CEO, Insvrance.com
- Cameron Barrie: Founder & Technical Director
- Campbell Unsworth: Principal, General Standards
- Chris Dahl: BDM, Pin Payments
- Collis Ta'eed: CEO, Envato
- Daniel Ringrose: Business Coach, Future Results
- Darcy Naunton: General Partner, York Butter Factory / Adventure Capital
- Gary Tramer: Co-Founder, WebReception
- Indi June: Founder
- James Tuckerman: Founder, Editor-In-Chief, Anthill Magazine
- John Barton: Director of Engineering, 99Designs.com
- Justin French: Product Owner, Envato
- Justus Hammer: Non-Executive Director
- Kurt Falkenstein: Founder, General Standards
- Laura Mc Kenzie: CEO, Scale Investors Ltd
- Mark Hendrickson: CEO and Co-founder, Side Racket
- Mark Middo: Founder, Social Empire & Reminisce Entertainment
- Marty Andrews: Co-Founder & CEO, Cogent
- Matt Allen: GM & Co-Founder, Lookahead Search Melbourne
- Matt Knee: CEO, Silk Hospitality
- Michael Jankie: Co-founder, LeadChat
- Remco Marcelis: Virtual CFO
- Rohan Wallace: Principal
- Ryan Tietjens: Director, Interactive Accounting
- Sally Gatenby: Director
- Scott Handsaker: CEO, Attendly
- Sebastian von Conrad: Solutions Lead, Envato
- Tim Koopmans: CEO, Flood.io
- And many more to be announced.
In only 5 years of operation, over 1,249 graduate companies across 85 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.