The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Melbourne 2016 (Exploratory) Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2016-07-03) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Melbourne, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Leading the Founder Institute's efforts in Melbourne are Matt Allen and Sebastian von Conrad. Matt Allen has been running startups since the mid-90’s, and is now focused on helping startups avoid the same mistakes he made. Sebastian von Conrad works as a development manager at Envato, a Melbourne-based company running some of the world's largest online marketplaces and education sites.
In addition, participants in Melbourne will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including;
- Alan Downie: CEO, Marcopod (Bugherd)
- Ashley Leach: Managing Director, PoE: Points of Engagement
- Ben Webster: CEO, Insvrance.com
- Christina Chen: Director, Surprise Attack
- Collis Ta'eed: CEO, Envato
- Daniel Ringrose: Business Coach, Future Results
- Darcy Naunton: General Partner, York Butter Factory / Adventure Capital
- Gary Tramer: Co-Founder, WebReception
- Humphrey Laubscher: Innovation Manager, Nab Labs
- Indi June: Founder
- James Tuckerman: Founder, Editor-In-Chief, Anthill Magazine
- Jason Lim: General Manager, York Butter Factory
- Justin French: Product Manager, Envato
- Kurt Falkenstein: Founder, General Standards
- Mark Hendrickson: CEO and Co-founder, Side Racket
- Mark Middleton: Founder, Reminisce Entertainment Pty Ltd
- Marty Andrews: Co-Founder & CEO, Cogent
- Matt Allen: GM & Co-Founder, Lookahead Search Melbourne
- Matt Knee: Founder, Work Ninja
- Michael Jankie: Co-founder, LeadChat
- Ryan Tietjens: Co-founder, Interactive Accounting
- Sally Gatenby: Director, Larkspur Communications
- Scott Julian: CEO, Gyde.tv
- Sebastian von Conrad: Solutions Lead, Envato
- And many more to be announced.
In only 7 years of operation, over 2,100 graduate companies across 110 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.