The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Toronto for the Summer of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2016-07-11), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Toronto, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 110 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 2,100 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Toronto, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
- Making the Leap from Employee to Entrepreneur
2016-05-19, 06:30 PM
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Toronto is Kamal Hassan, the CEO of entrepreneurial management platform VentureLynx; Ilona Hassan, a fashion entrepreneur and communication specialist; and Sunil Sharma, the co-founder of Toronto-based Extreme Startups, one of Canada's leading technology accelerators.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adib Saikali: Co-Founder & CTO
- Andrew D'Souza: Founder and CEO, Clearbanc
- April Dunford: Former COO, Tulip Retail
- Aran Hamilton: President & Co-Founder, Vantage
- Ariel Garten: CEO, InteraXon
- Ben Yoskovitz: VP Product, VarageSale
- Ben Baldwin: Founder, ClearFit, The ScaleDriver Project
- Ben Zifkin: CEO, Hubba
- Brian Church: Country Manager, Canada, LinkedIn
- Brice Scheschuk: CEO, Globalive Capital
- Claudio Gambetti: Engineering Director, Desire2Learn
- Frank Erschen: Co-Founder, Powernoodle
- Ian Collins: Founder and CEO, Crowdcare
- Jason Atkins: CEO, 360incentives
- Jeff Brunet: Founder and President, Crowdcare
- Jeremy Potvin: Founder, World of Angus
- John Stix: President, Fibernetics
- John Philip Green: Chief Executive Dad, CareGuide
- Kamal Hassan: CEO
- Karl Martin: CEO, Nymi Inc.
- Michael Young: Co-founder and CTO, Architelos
- Michael Kosic: CEO, XYZInteractive
- Michael Katchen: Founder & CEO, WealthSimple
- Michele Romanow: Head of Marketing, Groupon (SnapSaves)
- Mike Silagadze: CEO, Top Hat
- Phil Jacobson: Co-Founder, PumpUp
- Philippe LeBlanc: CEO, Flixel Photos Inc
- Richard Hyatt: Chief Scientist and Co-founder, BlueCat Networks
- Sahand Sojoodi: President and Co-Founder, Gopher Leads
- Sanjay Singhal: Co-Founder and CEO, audiobooks.com
- Shrad Rao: CEO, Wagepoint
- Trevor Coleman: Founder and Product Manager, InteraXon
- Wendy Robertson: Managing Director, Assemble Inc.
- Winston Mok: CEO
- Yuri Navarro: Executive Director, National Angel Capital Organization
- And many more to be announced.
(Toronto skyline photo by shutterstock)