The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Toronto for the Summer of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2014-04-20), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Toronto, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 66 cities and 40 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,185 companies, which have created over 10,000 new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Toronto, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Toronto is Kamal Hassan, the CEO of entrepreneurial management platform VentureLynx; Ilona Hassan, a fashion entrepreneur and communication specialist; and Sunil Sharma, the co-founder of Toronto-based Extreme Startups, one of Canada's leading technology accelerators.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alexander Rink: CEO, 360pi
- Ameet Shah: Studio Director, Zynga Toronto
- Andrew D'Souza: President, Bionym
- Ariel Garten: CEO, InteraXon
- Brice Scheschuk: Co-founder and CFO, Wind Mobile
- Chris Ye: Co-Founder, Uken Games
- Dean Mc Call: CEO, Appficient
- Derrick Fung: CEO, Tunezy
- Farhan Thawar: VP Engineering, Pivotal Labs
- Haroon Mirza: Entrepreneur in Residence, OMERS Ventures
- Heather Payne: CEO, HackerYou
- Ian Collins: Founder and CEO, Crowdcare
- Jason Atkins: CEO, 360incentives
- Jeff Brunet: Founder and President, Crowdcare
- Kamal Hassan: CEO, VentureLynx
- Katherine Hague: Co-Founder, ShopLocket
- Lally Rementilla: co-Founder, The Gals Got Game
- Marlon Rodrigues: Marketing, Tulip Retail
- Melissa Austria: Owner and Founder, GotStyle
- Michael De Monte: Co-Founder, ScribbleLive
- Michael Hyatt: Executive Chairman and Co-Founder, BlueCat Networks
- Oleg Gutsol: CEO, 500px
- Paul Bottero: CEO, inMotive
- Raj Singh: CEO, Sooqini
- Richard Hyatt: Chief Scientist and Co-founder, BlueCat Networks
- Sahand Sojoodi: Co-Founder and Managing Director, Extreme Innovations
- Scott Larson: CEO, Urthecast
- Wendy Robertson: Partner, Mediagenic
- And many more to be announced.
(Toronto skyline photo by shutterstock)