The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Toronto for the Summer of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2016-08-08), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Toronto, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 135 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 2,002 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Toronto, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Toronto is Kamal Hassan, the CEO of entrepreneurial management platform VentureLynx; Ilona Hassan, a fashion entrepreneur and communication specialist; and Sunil Sharma, the co-founder of Toronto-based Extreme Startups, one of Canada's leading technology accelerators.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Allen Lau: CEO and co-founder, Wattpad
- Alyssa Furtado: Founder
- Ami Shah: Co-Founder, Peekapak
- Andrew D'Souza: Founder and CEO, Clearbanc
- April Dunford: Former COO, Tulip Retail
- Aran Hamilton: President & Co-Founder, Vantage
- Ben Yoskovitz: VP Product, VarageSale
- Ben Baldwin: Founder, ClearFit, The ScaleDriver Project
- Ben Zifkin: CEO, Hubba
- Brice Scheschuk: CEO, Globalive Capital
- Bryan Gold: Co-Founder and CEO, #paid
- Casper Wong: Co-Founder and COO, Financeit
- Darrell Mac Mullin: CEO, Goldmoney
- Derrick Fung: CEO, Tunezy
- Frank Erschen: Co-Founder, Powernoodle
- Heather Anne Carson: Co-Founder, Repable
- Jason Atkins: CEO, 360incentives
- Jeremy Potvin: Founder, World of Angus
- John Philip Green: Chief Executive Dad, CareGuide
- Karl Martin: CEO, Nymi Inc.
- Kevin Gervais: Co-Founder and CEO, Statflo
- Michael Young: Co-founder and CTO, Paycase
- Michael Kosic: CEO, XYZInteractive
- Michael Katchen: Founder & CEO, WealthSimple
- Michael Hyatt: Executive Chairman and Co-Founder, BlueCat Networks
- Michele Romanow: Head of Marketing, Groupon (SnapSaves)
- Mike Silagadze: CEO, Top Hat
- Phil Jacobson: Cofounder & President, PumpUp
- Philippe LeBlanc: CEO, Flixel Photos Inc
- Ravin Shah: Co-CEO & Founder, QuickTapSurvey
- Razor Suleman: Chairman & Founding CEO, Achievers
- Richard Hyatt: Chief Scientist and Co-founder, BlueCat Networks
- Richard Reiner: CTO, Safe Identity
- Robert Antoniades: Co-Founder and General Partner, Information Venture Partners
- Roy Pereira: CEO and Founder, Zoom.ai
- Sahand Sojoodi: President and Co-Founder, Gopher Leads
- Sanjay Singhal: Co-Founder and CEO, audiobooks.com
- Saul Colt: North America's Best Word of Mouth Marketer, Hubba
- Sheetal Jaitly: Founder, Tribal Scale
- Somen Mondal: CEO & Co-Founder, Ideal Candidate
- Sunil Sharma: Managing Partner, Extreme Venture Partners
- Sunir Shah: Chief Marketing Olarker, Olark
- Trevor Coleman: Founder - SVP, New Product Development , InteraXon
- Wade Larson: CEO and Co-Founder, Urthecast
- Wendy Robertson: Managing Director, Assemble Inc.
- And many more to be announced.
(Toronto skyline photo by shutterstock)