The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Manila for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends 2016-01-28, so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Manila, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 155 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 2,500 companies, which have created over 20,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Manila, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Manila are Dale David, Founder of Pickld, who also founded the non-profit organizations MightyMinds, FilipinoMatters and GoTOTO; David Elefant, a startup incorporation specialist who has successful mentored numerous startups; and Allan Tan, Founder of Ideyatech, creative software application company and has spent the last 10 years working in information technology.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alex Alabiso: Head of Portfolio Development, Kickstart Ventures
- Allan Tan: CEO/President, Ideyatech, Inc.
- Antonio Pio De Roda: Strategic Adviser, Various tech entrepreneurs
- Artie Lopez: Co-Founder, CallMe Technologies
- Arup Maity: Arup Maity - President, BlastAsia & Xamun Inc. (Manila FI), BlastAsia & Xamun Inc.
- Camille Basa: Chief Steward, CrossBow Communication Services Pvt Ltd
- Carlos Hanzyl Ang: CEO and Founder, Suds Laundry
- Christian Blanquera: CEO, Openovate Labs
- David Elefant: Founder, Dayanan Business Consultancy
- David Kupferman: Owner/Principal
- Drew Perez: Founder , Adatos
- Earl Valencia: CEO and CoFounder, IdeaSpace Foundation
- Edwin Soriano: VP, Team Planu
- Francis Patrick Cuartero: CEO, Pylon Partners, Inc.
- Gear Fajardo: CEO, Goodmeal Hunting
- Guita Gopalan: Lean StartUp Coach, Lean Startup Philippines
- Israel Keys
- Jay Fajardo: CEO, Proudcloud Inc.
- Jeffrey Siy: Co-Founder, Galleon.ph
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Jessica Mah: CEO/Founder, inDinero
- Joe Maristela: Founder , Katalyst.ph
- Joey Gurango: CEO, Gurango Software
- John Bailon: CEO, Satoshi Citadel Industries
- John Orrock: Founder, Future Now Ventures
- Jojo Flores: Co-Founder & Vice President, Plug and Play
- Jonathan De Luzuriaga: Managing Partner, Compos Mentis Inc
- Jorge Azurin: Jorge Azurin - Director, Freelancer.com (Manila FI) , Horsepower.ph
- Joseph Benjamin Ilagan: Co-Founder and CEO, Seer Technologies, Inc.
- Lionel Belen: Founder, Brainsparks
- Luis Buenaventura: Head of Product, Satoshi Citadel Industries
- Ma Rosario Gruet: VP-Business Development, CPI
- Maria Rita Theresa Nicole Paterno: Founder, Various tech entrepreneurs
- Mica Diaz de Rivera: UX Supervisor, OLX.ph
- Milton Chen: CEO, VSee
- Niña Terol: AVP/Director for Corporate Affairs, McCann Worldgroup Philippines
- Oron Barber: Co-Founder and CEO, Leadya Services Inc.
- Peter Cauton: Founder and CEO, STORM Benefits
- Philip Smithson: Director, On Off Group
- Roger Do: CEO, Qsearch
- Ron Baetiong: Founder, Partyphile
- Rossana Llenado: Founder and President, AHEAD Learning Systems
- Sam Lorraine Chan: UX Designer, Joomajam
- Sedarius Tekara Perrotta: President, Neuron Global
- Sergio Arroyo: President, Ascendant Technologies Inc.
- And many more to be announced.
(Manila photo by Shutterstock)