The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Manila for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends 2014-04-13, so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Manila, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 85 cities and 40 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,310 companies, which have created over 10,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Manila, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Manila are Dale David, Founder of Pickld, who also founded the non-profit organizations MightyMinds, FilipinoMatters and GoTOTO; David Elefant, a startup incorporation specialist who has successful mentored numerous startups; and Allan Tan, Founder of Ideyatech, creative software application company and has spent the last 10 years working in information technology.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Arup Maity: President , BlastAsia & Xamun Inc.
- Carlos Hanzyl Ang: CEO and Founder, Suds Laundry
- Christian Blanquera: Me ?, Openovate Labs
- Dave Condon: Founder & CEO , Axon
- David Elefant: Founder, Dayanan Business Consultancy
- David Bonifacio: Managing Director, New Leaf Ventures
- Dustin RJ Masancay: Associate Director, IdeaSpace
- Earl Valencia: CEO and CoFounder, IdeaSpace Foundation
- Graeme Perkins: Director, Pouch
- Israel Keys
- Jay Fajardo: CEO, Proudcloud Inc.
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Jessica Mah: CEO/Founder, inDinero
- Joey Gurango: CEO, Gurango Software
- Jorge Azurin: Director, Freelancer.com
- Joseph Benjamin Ilagan: Co-Founder and CEO, Seer Technologies, Inc.
- Krisanto Karlo Nicolas: Founding Partner, Nicolas & De Vega Law Offices
- Luis Buenaventura: Head of Product, Satoshi Citadel Industries
- Ma Rosario Gruet: VP-Business Development, CPI
- Oron Barber: Co-Founder and CEO, Leadya Services Inc.
- Pepe Tan: Managing Partner, Ivant Technologies and Business Solutions, Inc.
- Rio Ilao, Perxclub
- Ron Hose: CEO, Coins.ph
- Rossana Llenado: Founder and President, AHEAD Learning Systems
- Sedarius Tekara Perrotta: President, Neuron Global
- And many more to be announced.
(Manila photo by Shutterstock)