The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Split Spring 2014 (Postponed) Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2014-04-06) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Split, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
The Split chapter is led by Marjeta Vehovec, Toni Trivkovic, and Vladimir De Franceschi. Vehovec is the CLO at Kompare Online, a website that enables users to compare vendors of telecommunications, financial, and insurance services; Trivkovic is the founder and director of two companies (Slicejack and Agilo) and organizer of OpenCoffee Split, a meetup that connects local IT professionals; and De Franceschi is the founder of De Franceschi & Shefayee, a law firm that represents cross-border startups from around the world.
In addition, participants in Split will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including;
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Damir Bulic: Founder & CEO, Equel
- Dino Ravnic: Co-Founder & CEO, GIS Cloud
- Drazen Nikolic: Founder, Adrenalin Think Thank
- Hrvoje Prpic: Investor and Advisor, CRANE
- Ivan Burazin: Co-Founder, Codeanywhere Inc.
- Josko Bobanovic: Partner, Sofinnova
- Jugoslav Petkovic: CEO, Mimovrste
- Kristina Ercegovic: Founder & CEO, Zaokret
- Kristjan Pecanac: Director, BoundBreaker
- Luka Abrus: CEO, Five Minutes Ltd.
- Mario Francesevic: Founder, SocialBrando (acquired by Socialbakers)
- Mihovil Barancic: Co-founder, ZIP Incubator
- Mladen Vukmir: Founding Partner, VUKMIR & ASSOCIATES
- Niksa Tomulic: Founder, Kompare online
- Sasa Cvetojevic: Founder & CEO, Insako
- Sava Marinkovich: co-Founder, mySkin, Inc
- Tomislav Šekerija: CEO & Founder, Setom
- Toni Borovac: CEO, 3DEA d.o.o.
- Tyler Crowley: Tyler Crowley - Founder & CEO, Skweal (Paris FI), Skweal
- Vladimir De Franceschi: Vladimir De Franceschi - Managing Director, SVRV (Zagreb FI) , SVRV
- And many more to be announced.
In only 6.5 years of operation, over 1,650 graduate companies across 100 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.