The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Montreal 2016 Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2015-12-06) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Montreal, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
The Founder Institute was recently covered by Anwar Ali in article on The Montreal Gazette titled New Chapter of Founder Institute offers startup opportunities to local entrepreneurs.
The Montreal Chapter will begin 2016-01-14, and will be led by local leaders LP Maurice and Sergio Escobar. LP Maurice is the co-founder and CEO of travel startup Busbud, and Sergio Escobar is a curator at Startup Genome.
In addition, participants in Montreal will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including;
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alex Nemeroff: Co-Founder, Head of Design & UX, Dynamo
- Amélie Morency: CEO, The FoodRoom
- Angelique Mannella: Founder & CEO, Decode Global
- Ariel Garten: CEO, InteraXon
- Audry Larocque: CEO, iPerceptions
- Ben Yoskovitz: VP Product, VarageSale
- Benjamin du Haÿs: Founder & CEO, Mobeewave
- Beth Thouin: Startup Marketing Expert, Thunkr Consulting
- Bruno Morency: Head of Operations, Poka Inc.
- Caithrin Rintoul: Caithrin Rintoul - Co-Founder & CEO, Provender (Montreal FI), Provender
- Caitlin Mac Gregor: CEO & Cofounder, Plum.io Inc.
- Carter Laren: Founder/CEO, Inara Ventures
- Caterina Rizzi: Co-Founder & CCO, Breather
- Chris Arsenault: Managing Partner, iNovia Capital
- Claude Théoret: Founder & CEO, Nexalogy Environics
- Daleyne Guay: Founder & CEO, NewDeal Brewery Inc
- Damon Sloane: General Manager, Ecommerce, Michael Kors
- Danial Jameel: Founder/CEO, Forbes 30under30, OOHLALA Mobile Inc.
- David Nault: Principal, iNovia Capital
- Dax Da Silva: Founder/CEO, LightSpeed
- Elyes Ben Mrad: CEO and founder, Crema App
- Ethan Song: Co-Founder & CEO, Frank & Oak
- Francis Wenzel: Founder & CEO, TickSmith
- François Poirier: Founder & CEO, MakerBloks
- François Arbour: CEO / General Manager Music, Premiumbeat / Shutterstock
- Francois Charles Sirois: CEO, Telesystem
- Frédéric Bastien: Founder & CEO, Mnubo
- Gian Carlo Di Tommaso: VP Finance & Operations, Luxury Retreats
- Giselle Bisson: CEO, Visibility Shift
- Hicham Ratnani: Co-Founder & COO/CFO, Frank & Oak
- Ian Jeffrey: VP Product Marketing Marketing, PasswordBox
- Isaac Souweine: Technology Product and Marketing Expert, Thunkr Consulting
- Jay Ferst: Managing Partner, Ferst Capital Partners
- Jean David Begin: Co-founder & CEO, Guestful
- Jean François Marcoux: General Partner, White Star Capital
- Jeff Hoffman: Partner, ColorJar
- Joe Poulin: Founder/CEO, Luxury Retreats
- Joel Yaffe: Co-Founder, GuestDriven
- Julien Denaes: Founder & CEO, Logrr
- Justin Wilcox: Founder, Customer Development Labs
- Justin Sherratt: Founder, Sortbox
- Khalil Zahar: Founder & CEO, Hykso
- Louis François Hogue: General Manager and Partner
- Louis Philippe Maurice: Louis Philippe Maurice - Founder/CEO, Busbud (Montreal FI), Busbud
- Luc Filiatreault: Luc Filiatreault - VP Venture Development, OpenText (Barcelona FI), OpenText
- Magaly Charbonneau: COO & Shareholder, PasswordBox
- Marc Alloul: Managing Partner W2/W3, W Investments
- Marc Boscher: Founder & CEO, Unito
- Marc Antoine Ross: Angel Investor & Director, Data Engineering, Intel Security (former PasswordBox)
- Marcus Daniels: Co-Founder & CEO, Highline VC
- Mauro Repacci: Co-Founder & CEO, NAVUT
- Mazen Elbawab: Founder & CEO, Heddoko
- Mike Grandinetti: Managing Director, Southboro Capital
- Mike Silagadze: CEO, Top Hat
- Mike Blicker: Co-founder & CEO, WealthTab
- Mohannad El Barachi: Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, SweetIQ Analytics Corp.
- Pam Alfred: CEO, AskPAM
- Philippe Rivard: Founder & CEO, NUKERN
- Pierre Sabbagh: Founder & CEO, RentHunt
- Pierre Alexandre Fournier: CEO, Hexoskin
- Pierre Luc Laparé: Co-Founder, Golf Avenue
- Raff Paquin: Director, Data, LightSpeed
- Rajesh Setty: Rajesh Setty - Serial Entrepreneur and Author, WittyParrot
- Sanjay Singhal: Co-Founder and CEO, audiobooks.com
- Sebastien Roy: CEO, leanframe
- Semyon Dukach: Managing Director - Boston, Techstars
- Sergio A. Escobar: Director, Montreal Chapter, Founder Institute
- Sophie Boulanger: CEO, BonLook
- Stephane Marceau: Co-Founder & CEO, OMsignal
- Ty Danco: Director, Techstars Boston
- Vicken Kanadjian: Co-Founder & Managing Director, Cesium Inc.
- Yona Shtern: Founder/CEO, Beyond The Rack
- Yuri Navarro: Executive Director, National Angel Capital Organization
- And many more to be announced.
In only 7 years of operation, over 2,100 graduate companies across 110 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.