The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Hamburg for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2014-09-14), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Hamburg, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 100 cities and 50 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,650 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Hamburg, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Hamburg are Oliver Gajda and Dominik Reisig. Oliver is a hands-on operational and strategic consultant on sustainable, innovative businesses and the Chairman of the European Crowdfunding Network, Brussels, and Executive Committee member of CF50 Inc. New York. Oliver has worked the past 15 years with venture capital, microfinance, technology and social entrepreneurship in both commercial and non-profit settings in Europe and the USA.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Dirk Freise: Founding Partner, Shortcut Ventures GmbH
- Dirk Weipert: Founder, FCI FundersClub GmbH
- Jan Andresen: CEO, veeseo.com
- Jascha Samadi: CEO, apprupt GmbH
- Mark Miller: Managing Partner, CatCap GmbH
- Martin Dräger: Managing Director, Unruly
- Michael Zillmer: COO & Founder, InnoGames GmbH
- Mirko Platz: CEO, Channel Pilot Solutions GmbH
- Philipp Westermeyer: Founder + MD, metrigo GmbH
- Philipp Baumgaertel: Chief Satisfaction Engineer, Protonet
- Rüdiger Bartholatus: Geschäftsführer, SHATLER´s Getränke GmbH
- Sarik Weber: Managing Partner, Yoints GmbH
- Tim Schumacher: Managing Director, TS Ventures GmbH
- And many more to be announced.
(Hamburg photo from Shutterstock)