Through both the Founder Showcase and the Founder Institute we come across a lot of great stuff, but below are what we consider to be the best of the best on the subject of pitching to VCs. We consider each of these resources absolute must-reads for any technology entrepreneur who is raising funds.
So, in no specific order..
- "Going to Raise VC? Here's a Primer on Process, People, and Powerpoint Deck" by Mark Suster [video]
- "Raising Venture Capital" by Mark Suster
- "How to Pitch a VC, AKA 'Startup Viagara' Video" by Dave McClure [slides are here]
- "10 Tips for the Perfect Investment Pitch" by Dave McClure
- "Your Solution is not my Problem" by Dave McClure
- David S. Rose's TED Presentation on Pitching to VCs [video]
- "How to Find a Lead Investor" Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3, by VentureHacks
- "Madlibs for Pitches: How to Perfect the One-Sentence Pitch" by Adeo Ressi [video]
- "Anatomy of Seed: An Inside Look at a $1M Seed Round" by Brendan Baker
- "Learn from the Best: Founder Showcase Winning Pitch Videos" by the Founder Institute
- "Lessons Learned: A New Type of VC Pitch" by Steve Blank
- "Pitch Yourself, Not Your Idea" by Chris Dixon
- A Look at Mint.com's Pre-Launch Pitch Deck, by Mint.com
- "The 10/20/30 Powerpoint Rule" by Guy Kawasaki