The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Hong Kong for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2015-04-08), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Hong Kong, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 100 cities and 58 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,850 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
As part of the testing phase in Hong Kong, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events;
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Hong Kong is Cedric Delzenne, a successful digital entrepreneur living and loving Hong Kong since 2010.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alex Chen: CEO, EZTable
- Alexandre Wayenberg: Founder & CEO, Capsule
- Amit Chatterjee: Senior Digital Producer
- Andrea Livotto: Director, Clarity Labs
- Andrew Chan: Co-Founder, Aftership
- Andy Ann: CEO, NDN GROUP
- Bart Verkoeijen: Web Developer, Quantifeed
- Daniel Szuc: Design Researcher, Apogee Asia Ltd
- Daniel Walker: Founder & CEO, Dragon Law
- Danny Yeung: Serial Entrepreneur, Investor, Advisor, Astronaut, uBuyiBuy (acquired by Groupon)
- David Brabbins: Associate Partner , Prophet
- Derek Kwik: Managing Partner, BraveSoldier Venture Capital
- Furuzonfar Zehni: Regional Director, Jefferson Group
- Gary To: Founder & General Manager, Koziness (acquired by Food Panda)
- Greg Bernarda: Founder, Greg Bernarda Strategy Design
- Jeffrey Broer: Founder & CEO, Grayscale / Surround App
- Jon Buford: Founder, Hummingbird Innovations
- Keith Li: CEO & Co-Founder, Innopage
- Keith Rumjahn: Founder, CoachBase
- Leslie Yuen: CEO, GTO
- Mark Munoz: Founder & Executive Director, InvestLab
- Michael Michelini: VP of Marketing and Business Development, Unchained Apps
- Michael Bruck: Business Development Consultant, SRI International
- Michelle Lam: Founder & Managing Director, The Spoilt Experiences Group
- Raphael Cohen: CSO & Co-Founder, HotelQuickly
- Raymond Yip: CEO & Co-Founder, Shopline
- Simon Newstead: CEO, Frenzoo
- Steven Lam: CEO & Co-Founder, GoGoVan
- Sue Kim: Founding Partner, Libbler
- And many more to be announced.