The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing for the opening of its newest chapter in Athens for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends 2015-03-23, so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Athens, please fill out this form today and then spread the word.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 100 cities and 50 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,650 companies, which have created over 15,000+ new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In order to complete the testing phase in Athens, the Founder Institute is hosting free startup events this week;
Leading the Founder Institute's efforts in Athens are Michalis Stangos and Carla Tanas, co-founders of Industry Disruptors-Game Changers, an organization promoting entrepreneurship in Greece and the surrounding region.
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Alex Eleftheriadis: Co-Founder, Vidyo
- Alexandros Roustas: General Manager, IQbility (Quest Group)
- Antonis Markopoulos: Managing Director, Oceania Region
- Apostolos Apostolakis: Advisor and co-founder
- Ben Larson: Director, Founder Institute, San Francisco Bay Area
- Fotis Draganidis: General Manager, Microsoft Innovation Center Greece
- John Doxaras: Founder & CEO , Warp.ly
- Michalis Stangos: CEO, MSCOMM SA
- Michalis Gkontas: Founder , FORKY
- Nikos Goulis: CEO, Pamediakopes.gr
- Philipp Brinkmann: Chief Executive Officer, travelplanet24.com / tripsta.com
- Vassilis Nikolopoulos: CEO and Co-Founder, Intelen Inc
- And many more to be announced.
(Parthenon photo by Shutterstock)