Since launching in 2009, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,563 new technology companies across 92 cities, 50 countries, and six continents.
These companies have gone on to do great things, and create over 15,000+ new jobs.
Over the past week, GeoMoby partnered with BuzzTouch; Kaliki launches their audio-on-demand service on Chevy vehicles; Appota was featured in Tech in Asia; Vibease was featured in the South China Post; and more.
Below is a roundup of recent Founder Institute Graduate in the news.
- Whale Path joins 500 Startups’ Eighth Accelerator Class: 500 Startups Adds Two New Venture Partners And Announces Its Eighth Accelerator Class (TechCrunch): Whale Path, a Silicon Valley Gradudate, is a business research platform for professionals.
- Zirtual opens its High-Touch Virtual Assistant Service to the Public: Zirtual Opens Up To Allow Anyone To Hire Their Own Virtual Assistants (TechCrunch); Zirtual, a Silicon Valley Graduate, provides dedicated, virtual executive assistants to busy professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Vibease Featured in South China Morning Post: "Toy Box: Smart toys for long-distance loving (South China Morning Post): Vibease, a Singapore Graduate, is the world's first wearable smart vibrator.
- Inlight a Featured App on the Apple App Store (Apple): Inlight, a Los Angeles Graduate, helps busy people stay in the know on life, love, health, and family.
- Appota Challenging Largest Vietnamese Mobile Content Distributors: Will Appota and VNG go head-to-head in 2014? (Tech in Asia): Appota, a Hanoi Graduate, is a mobile content distribution platform.
- GeoMoby featured on BuzzTouch: GeoMoby Co-Founders Christophe Baudia and Zac Durber Bring Location and Context Awareness to Mobile Apps (BuzzTouch): GeoMoby, a Perth Graduate, provides location and context awareness for apps.
- Kaliki featured in USA Today: CES 2014: Chevy brings new apps, 4G to your dashboard (USA Today): Kaliki, a San Diego Graduate, is an on-demand audio and news platform.
- Peerby Founder, Daan Weddepohl, Interviewed by Collaborative Consumption (Collaborative Consumption): Peerby, a Brussels Graduate, is a sharing marketplace that allows you to borrow things from people in your neighborhood within 30 minutes.