Choose a city closest to you.
Washington DC Autumn 2013
Sessions: 2013-11-19 - 2014-03-04
Our vision is to Globalize Silicon Valley by creating and fostering local startup ecosystems in promising markets across the globe. We aim to help launch 1,000 technology companies per year in over 75 cities worldwide.
The Mission: 20,000 New Jobs Per Year by 2020. Here’s How You Can Help
Based in Silicon Valley, the Founder Institute is an entrepreneur training & startup launch program that provides early-stage founders with structured training and expert feedback to launch enduring technology companies.
Since it was born in 2009, the Founder Institute, led by Founder & CEO Adeo Ressi and a mighty-lean team of eight in Silicon Valley, has expanded its program to 55 cities across 30 countries and 6 continents, and has helped launch 1,003 Graduate Companies with;
- 1,114 Graduate Founders and Co-Founders (Anthony Ha covered the story on TechCrunch here)
- An estimated portfolio value in excess of $5 billion
- Six exits or liquidity events (public exits include Shopalize and Gridblaze)
- Over 10,000 jobs created
- 89.5% Graduate companies still operating (versus 115 companies dissolved)
- 73.5% Graduate companies operating at or ahead of schedule (versus 146 companies with Founders still employed or companies struggling)
But, we are not going to stop there. At the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the Founder Institute described our goal:
To “Globalize Silicon Valley” and help promising entrepreneurs launch companies that will create over 20,000 new jobs per year by 2020.
Ambitious? Of course. But, as Founder Instittute CEO Adeo Ressi said on the GES stage, "If you are not constantly pushing your company to the brink of death, then you are not being ambitious enough."
Here is how you can help..
- If you want to help foster entrepreneurship on a global scale, then Launch a Founder Institute Chapter in your local city.
- If you are an organization that wants to help entrepreneurs launch great new companies - whether globally or locally - contact us here to discuss partnership opportunities.
- Or, if you want to join a growing network of global entrepreneurs and launch an enduring company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors, then Apply to the Founder Institute today.