Choose a city closest to you.
Washington DC Autumn 2013
Sessions: 2013-11-19 - 2014-03-04
Our vision is to Globalize Silicon Valley by creating and fostering local startup ecosystems in promising markets across the globe. We aim to help launch 1,000 technology companies per year in over 75 cities worldwide.
Founder Institute Officially Launches in Munich, its Second City in Germany
We have great news for aspiring entrepreneurs in Germany.
Today the Founder Institute, the world’s largest startup accelerator with over 900 graduate companies, is announcing its official launch in Munich, Germany!
With locations now running in both Munich and Berlin, the Founder Institute aims to launch over 40 meaningful and enduring technology companies per year in Germany. In order to celebrate the launch, the Munich Founder Institute has scheduled several free events where attendees can meet local entrepreneurs and learn more about the program;
- Founder Hotseat Webinar, with Adeo Ressi (Sep 24, 6:15 PM)
- Startup Ideation Bootcamp (Oct 1, 6:30 PM)
- FI Information Session (Oct 8, 6:30 PM)
- Startup Pitch Bootcamp (Oct 15, 6:30 PM)
- FI Information Session (Oct 22, 6:30 PM)
- Founder Night Out (Oct 29, 6:30 PM)
The Founder Institute is a training program where aspiring technology entrepreneurs can launch a company with structured training and expert support from experienced startup mentors, while not being required to quit their day job. Since launching in Berlin in 2010, the program has graduated over 50 new German technology companies, including well known startups like Itembase, Ondango, and KeyRocket.
Anybody who is interested can apply to the Munich Founder Institute at http://fi.co/apply/munich. The Final Application Deadline is on November 3rd, but those who apply by the Early Application Deadline on October 13th are eligible for a variety of scholarships - including the Female Founder Fellowship, which is offered to the best overall female applicant.
"Our early-stage startup events in Munich have drawn a large amount of interest, and we think that the city is primed to be the epicenter for many new technology companies,” says Adeo Ressi, Founder & CEO of the Founder Institute. “The city is characterized by several new incubators and co-working spaces, many research and innovation organizations, and a strong local venture capital and angel investment market. In addition, we have gotten great support from partners like the YOU IS NOW Incubator and the Scout Group, and the WAYRA Accelerator from Telefonica. All this makes us very excited to launch Munich as a second German location for the program."
The Munich chapter will be lead by Jan Kennedy and Jan Küster. Both have held Senior Business Development positions in international tech startup companies and are experienced in launching and consulting several technology businesses from the ground up. Jan & Jan are also very passionate about entrepreneurship and have been playing an integral part in developing the startup scene in Munich.
Expected Mentors for the Munich program include:
- Adeo Ressi, CEO of TheFunded.com and the Founder Institute
- Alexander Bruehl, Investor at bm advisors
- Benjamin Thym, CEO of barcoo
- Christoph Sollich, Startup Consultant
- Claas Van Delden, Managing Director at SevenVentures
- Claus Georg Muller, Founder & CEO of mic AG
- Eva Missling, General Manager of 99designs
- Gregor Schmid, Partner at Taylor Wessing
- John Matthesen, CEO of Related Concepts
- Nicolas Plogert, Founder of Opentabs
- Norbert Schauermann, Founder & CEO of dreizehn
- Sarik Weber, Partner at Hanse Ventures
- Steffen Matz, CEO of Social Media Interactive
- Ted Bremer, Founder & CEO of RedRigger
- Ulf Kunze, Partner at GoodKarma VC
- And many more to be announced.
Join us as we launch the first batch of promising new companies in Munich:
About the Founder Institute
The Founder Institute (http://fi.co) is an early-stage startup accelerator and global launch network that helps entrepreneurs create meaningful and enduring technology companies. Through a part-time four month program, existing and prospective founders can launch their dream company with expert training, feedback, and support from experienced startup CEOs - while not being required to quit their day job. In just three years of operation, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 900 companies across 50 cities and five continents - making us the world's largest startup accelerator. Our goal is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" by launching 1,000 meaningful and enduring technology companies per year in over 75 cities worldwide.