Choose a city closest to you.
Washington DC Autumn 2013
Sessions: 2013-11-19 - 2014-03-04
Our vision is to Globalize Silicon Valley by creating and fostering local startup ecosystems in promising markets across the globe. We aim to help launch 1,000 technology companies per year in over 75 cities worldwide.
East Coast vs. West Coast: Which US Grad Made the Biggest Headline This Week?
The Founder Institute has helped launch over 800 new technology companies across 42 cities and six continents.
Below is a roundup of Founder Institute Graduate news over the past week:
- DC grad, Spinnakr raised a $1 million seed round led by Andreessen Horowitz (TechCrunch); Spinnakr is a real-time web analytics platform.
- New York grad, Zipmark, partnered with leading online small business management platform, WorkingPoint (Wall Street Journal); Zipmark builds infrastructure that enables instant and secure mobile payments.
- Chicago grad, DigitalGroundUp, was named a finalist in Techweek LAUNCH competition (TechWeek); DigitalGroundUp is an interactive technology platform that teaches users how to build their digital marketing strategy from the ground up.
- San Diego grad, Renee Zau, founder of DonationMatch, was given the Trailblazer Award from the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO); DonationMatch is building the largest registry of charitable fundraising events.
- Silicon Valley graduate, Piggybackr was featured in Entrepreneur Magazine (Entrepreneur); Piggybackr is a crowdfunding platform for kids and teens.