Today we are excited to announce the official launch of our newest location, and first location in India - Bangalore!
The Founder Institute is a part-time, four month training program where aspiring entrepreneurs can launch a company with expert feedback and support from experienced startup CEOs, while not being required to quit their day job. In four years of operation, the Silicon Valley-based program has launched over 800 companies across 40 cities worldwide, creating an estimated 10,000 new jobs.
The Bangalore chapter is just around the corner, as the 4-month program is slated to start on August 7th. The program is open to existing and prospective technology founders of all kinds - with or without an idea, young or old, and with a full-time job or unemployed. Journalist Pallavi Singh also covered the prospective Bangalore Launch last month in an article on LiveMint.
If you or someone you know could benefit from expert training and feedback to launch a technology startup in Bangalore, click here to apply. If you apply by the Early Application Deadline on Sunday, July 7th, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free (typically $50), and have the opportunity to receive a Founder Institute Fellowship as well.
If you would like to learn more, then join a free event we will be hosting in the coming weeks:
- Startup Ideation Bootcamp (Wednesday, June 19th @ 6:30pm)
- Startup Founder 101 (Wednesday, July 3rd @ 6:30pm)
- FI Information Session (Wednesday, July 10th @ 6:30pm)
As the tech capital of India, Bangalore is a natural next location for the Founder Institute. In addition, the city features a fast-growing ecosystem of incubators, venture capital investors, and advisors to support later stage entrepreneurs. Even with all of these benefits, however, there are still few resources for aspiring founders to receive expert support and instruction on the very beginning stages of starting a company.
The Bangalore Founder Institute will be led by Naveen Lakkur, and Srikanth Bhagavat. Naveen Lakkur is an author and serial entrepreneur, who co-founded Compassites, and he has been involved in enabling several innovative and unique startups including iCharts Inc., JiffleNow, Suggestica Inc., i3 Solutions, and more. His latest venture is HomeConnect.in.
Srikanth Bhagavat is the Founder of Hexagon Capital Advisors Pvt., Ltd., and has vast experience in the areas of Contract Management, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking and Real Estate Development. He is a member on the Corporate Laws & Taxation Committee of Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce & Industry.
In addition to Naveen and Srikanth, expected mentors of the Bangalore program include;
- Adeo Ressi, Founder & CEO of the Founder Institute
- Girish Krishnamurthy, Vice-President, TCS
- Govindarajan Vr, Director, Perfios
- Mahesh Baxi, CEO, Compassites Software Solutions
- Mukund Mohan, CEO in Residence, Microsoft Accelerator, Microsoft India
- Murali Vullaganti, CEO, RuralShores
- Niranjan Gupta, CEO, Koruko Solutions
- Rk Misra, Founder, SAHYOG - Indian Council for PPP
- Shekhar Kirani, Partner, Accel Partners
- Srikanth Acharya, CEO, Logostore Private Limited
- Sriram Srinivasan, Advisor, Reliance Retail
- and many more to be announced.