Choose a city closest to you.
Washington DC Autumn 2013
Sessions: 2013-11-19 - 2014-03-04
Our vision is to Globalize Silicon Valley by creating and fostering local startup ecosystems in promising markets across the globe. We aim to help launch 1,000 technology companies per year in over 75 cities worldwide.
13th Founder Showcase Recap: Thank You for Another Great Event!
Thank you to everyone who attended the 13th Founder Showcase! We are excited to have completed another exciting event, with two phenomenal talks from Keith Rabois (Khosla Ventures) and Chris Dixon (Andreessen Horowitz), a room buzzing with startups demoing their wares, and stellar pitches from 8 early-stage companies.
Congratulations to our Pitch Competition Champion – Realty Mogul and runner up, Embarke.
It was a tough decision for these two Founder Institute and TechStars graduates, who were both favorites of the audience and judges. In the end, however, our panel of investor judges made the final call and awarded Realty Mogul the title of 13th Founder Showcase Champion.
Realty Mogul: Realty Mogul is developing a marketplace to pool money online and buy shares of pre-vetted investment properties like apartment buildings, office buildings and retail centers to help accredited investors invest in real estate with lower minimum investment sizes and without the hassles of tenants, toilets and trash.
Embarke: Embarke is developing an email optimization product to help Marketers increase opens and clicks by 10%-25% with analytics on individual user behaviors and interests, allowing for the automatic delivery of the right message to the right person at the right time.
Additional participants of the competition included;
- Whale Path: Whale Path is a crowdsourced research platform where professionals such as market researchers, financial analysts & economists can acquire research from top university students in related majors at reduced cost.
- Crimewatch: CRIMEWATCH Technologies is developing communications software to help law enforcement create direct connections with the public in order to disseminate information and collect intelligence
- Vinolovers: Vinolovers is a wine subscription site that helps wine drinkers discover affordable and boutique wines through an educational and personalized buying experience.
- Entryless: Entryless Accounts Payable as a Service frees up staff resources by interconnecting enterprises accounting & ERP systems to import bills through any channel, and is developing B2B entry less payments Open Network, to enable companies manage & pay all their AP Online.
- Datepress: Datepress is developing an e-commerce website to help busy couples discover and purchase dates by working with top merchants and vendors to offer exclusive date experiences.
- Engage a Pro: Engage-a-Pro is developing an enterprise application to help managers make better decisions about their service providers using the power of credible client feedback.
And, as usual, we had an amazing lineup of judges from the top venture firms in Silicon Valley, including; Andrew McCollum (EIR at NEA), Paul Bragiel (i/o Ventures), Alex Gurevich (Javelin Venture Partners), Jon Soberg (Blumberg Capital), Ben Narasin (TriplePoint Ventures), David Lambert (Right Side Capital Management), and Chris Child (Redpoint Ventures).
Thank you to everyone who attended and helped make this event possible – we look forward to seeing you at our next Showcase, taking place in the Summer of 2013.
Stay tuned for more updates!