Los Angeles real estate crowdfunding platform, Realty Mogul has been moving at lightning speed ever since founder, Jilliene Helman decided to quit her job and pursue the concept full time. As an alumni of two startup accelerators (The Founder Institute and Microsoft Azure), a winner of a major pitch competition, and featured articles in several tech publications, Realty Mogul has seized every opportunity that's come their way.
Today, it looks like all their hard work has paid off. TechCrunch announced the launch of the Realty Mogul platform as well as a $500k seed round from Gust CEO David S. Rose, Gordon Stephenson (who’s on the board of directors at Zillow), and serial entrepreneur Sky Kruse. Although today marks the official launch, Realty Mogul just completed its first project — AH Capital used the site to raise $110,000 to purchase and rehabilitate a duplex in Los Angeles.
Staying true to their “grow as quickly as humanly possible” mantra, the startup will also be participating in next week’s Founder Showcase Pitch Competition. To see what Realty Mogul has in store for Wednesday’s event, purchase your tickets to the March 27th showcase where Helman and the team will battle it out on stage with 7 other startup hopefuls.
To learn more about Realty Mogul, click here to read the full article by Anthony Ha on TechCrunch.
- Startup Founder 101: From Zero To Launch, featuring the founders of RushTix, Emberlight, Flipcause & Daylighted
2015-05-07, 06:30 PM
- Startup Pitch Bootcamp, with Marcos Polanco & Ben Larson
2015-05-14, 06:30 PM
- Startup Funding 101: Securing a Lead Investor
2015-05-21, 05:30 PM
- Founder Institute VIP Semester Launch Mixer
2015-05-25, 06:30 PM
- Top Technology Journalist Jessica E. Lessin to Speak at the Founder Showcase
- May 12th Founder Showcase to Feature True Change Agents in Technology
- Sunday is the Last Day to Apply for San Francisco Founder Institute Fellowships
- Silicon Valley-based Founder Institute Officially Launches Startup Program in Greenville, South Carolina